Monday, September 13, 2010

Ordered!

There has been precious little sewing in this house in the past week. Apart from being busy (something that doesn't usually stop me from a little time in the sewing room) I don't have any good answers for my inactivity. Let's hope the situation improves in the coming week!

There is some exciting news though, I made a final decision on the fabric for my curtains - the fabric you see in the picture. I have also placed the order, the company I have ultimately chosen quoted a full three thousand dollars less than the last estimate I received. And I have it on good authority that they do great work, so it's a win win for me. Four to six weeks time and I'll be able to show off my newest purchases.

Next on the agenda is to scour auctions and estate sales for an eight person dining suite for the main dining room (I'm looking for something vintage). The hope is to have it all taken care of before Christmas. Part of the fun is the thrill of the chase :-)

And in other news, how sad that Bloglines is going to be shutting down. It was my RSS reader of choice. I've now moved onto Google Reader and I'm really happy with it so far. If you use Bloglines, be sure to export your subscriptions while you have the chance! Chatter soon :-)

3 comments:

Clare said...

Nice fabric and what a saving!

I've got an idea. The money you've saved on the curtains you could spend on a trip to France where you'd get your vintage dining table and chairs at a snip!

Hugs
xxxx

Louise said...

The curtain fabric is lovely. It looks like what I imagine a sitting room in an old English cottage would look like, with an English garden right outside the window. Louise

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh man, I just got back from a retreat and saw that note the bloglines was shutting down and was so bummed. So went ahead and exported and have everything loaded into Google Reader. Just have to get the hang of that now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails