Monday, September 06, 2010

Green Nine Patches

A while back I was working on these nine patches as leaders and enders, and because I simply couldn't decide what to do with them, I put them away for a little while.

On Saturday I got busy playing with EQ7 (because I really need to learn how to use it), and came up with an idea for setting them together. I've put three rows together so far, and have two more to add. That will probably be the limit for the time being, as I have devised a simple (but heavily pieced) final border. I'll need to really scour my stash for 2" green strips, as this project really whittled them out of my 2" scrap box.

Love this scrappy piecing. Once I've finished this top to the final border stage, I'll get busy again on my pink and purple bow ties. They're super fun too!

12 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice!

Karen said...

Some of the greens pop out more than others. Makes a very interesting scrappy quilt to look at.

sewprimitive karen said...

That's really pretty, Tazzie.

Clare said...

Love the greens, especially the one that pops.

hugs
xxx

Becky said...

LOVE IT!!! Greens and Browns are my favorite colors!

Nancy said...

Lovely!!!! You amaze me with all of your lovely work.... can't wait to see more !

Carin said...

Wow that is lovely! I would never know you didn't plan it out ahead of time. You do a fantastic job! HUGS Carin

John'aLee said...

What a beauty! Gotta love the ole nine patch!

Erika Mulvenna said...

Lovely! And have you popped over to www.WeAllSew.com to find great links to what others are stitching up? There are links to patterns, tutorials, other quilters, and even links to help you find a place to donate your stitching super skills to help others!

Teresa Rawson said...

WOW!! LOVE IT!! I do the leaders and enders thing as well, and it is so fun to have this kind of problem...it always ends up in the most amazing tops!!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

julieQ said...

Oh, wonderful! Love your nine patches...my leaders and enders take over and become the main project, how about you??

Michele said...

This is just lovely! And it is so inspiring that it was a leader/ender project. One of these days I'm going to get organized enough to do one of those.

Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails