Saturday, February 07, 2009

Nine Patch and Stars

This is a customer quilt I'm working on this weekend. I'm completely in love with the colours and the simplicity of the design. Just nine patches and stars set on point - simple but gorgeous.

I'm going to add this to the list of 'must make someday' quilts - I can see this eating up a whole bunch of my scraps.

There is a cool change brewing right now - we're expecting a low tonight of 17c (63f) and a high tomorrow of 25c (77f) - it's going to be bliss!

9 comments:

Trudi said...

It is beautiful, the simplicity of the design and the controlled colour placement, really make this top sing. How are you planning on quilting it?

*karendianne. said...

Indeed, this is quite lovely!

mereth said...

Oh my goodness, it's better than bliss, it's uber-bliss!! It was so cool this morning in the house that I don't think I'll need the airconditioner on at all today, what a welcome change. Had enough of summer......

Emma said...

Isn't this cool change wonderful!

bonnie said...

that is a beautiful pattern. i am getting ready to make a anniversary quilt and that pattern looks like it would work. what the sizes of your blocks, esp the center's. i have never made a picture quilt before so this should be interesting. thanks bonnie

YankeeQuilter said...

Pretty quilt. I made a mini like this many, many years ago! Been hearing about the weather down there on the news this weekend...hope you all stay safe.

Gypsy Quilter said...

I've loved that pattern for a long time also. It's also lovely in burgandies and greens.

Pam said...

Good to hear it is cooling down for you. I can't imagine what it would be like at 45 C. Something I have never experienced. I hope you are safe - it is so terrible to see the fires around Melbourne and the devastation. My thoughts and prayers for everyone at this time.

Unknown said...

I love the quilt you are working on the design is so simple, yet so beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails