Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Can I learn to love cooking again?

I sure hope so!

I don't really have time to do it, but since it's being offered right now, I've decided to sign up for a free cooking course at 'How to cook like your Grandmother'. It's called 'Starting from Scratch', and I predict it's going to be super fun. Cooking has become just another chore for me over the years, and it will be wonderful to inject some fun into it as well as learn some new techniques. I'll post any successes I have.

Also, I quilted four quilts over the last four days, so after netball is done with tonite, I'm determined to spend some time in the sewing room working on my own projects. Hopefully I'll have something to share with you tomorrow.

Happy days!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Tazzie!
Your free cooking course sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you! I to feel that cooking has just become a chore. I used to enjoy cooking. I think it is because I am stuck in a rut.( Same recipes over and over) Maybe we need some fresh ideas! Enjoy! Karen

Clare said...

Must admit that cooking is beginning to get a bit of a chore for me too. DH will quite happily eat pork chops, baked beans and chips forever (no imagination), but I do like experimenting and can't get inspired.

Connie said...

Have fun! Classes are a great idea and Cooking Like Grandma is a great idea - should be healthy

Michele said...

That sounds like a fun class! Wish I could come, too. I love cooking from scratch.

Have fun in your sewing room!

Hugs, M

Elsie Montgomery said...

I like cooking from scratch too, but those frozen meals in a bag come in handy (especially after a heavy day of quilting!)

Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails