Thursday, January 31, 2008

Daisy Chain

Recently I was asked when I was going to release a couple of my patterns from a few years ago for sale. Because I've been working on other people's quilting, and other magazine projects, some of my quilt work has fallen by the wayside.

Because of the 'free' time I had recently, I was able to finish up the pattern for my Daisy Chain quilt, and uploaded the details to my pattern website.

This is one of my dearest quilts, because one of my favourite friends made it up for me. I had designed it at a time when I had a LOT of quilty work going on, and my wonderful friend Linda offered to piece the blocks. I had a selection of pink prints I liked, an example of the background fabric, and sent them with a very rudimentary diagram across the Pacific to her.

To my wonderful surprise, a short time later, a completed top winged it's way back to me. Linda had sourced a background fabric, added more pink fabrics, and had also selected a border and cut binding strips. I was amazed, entirely thrilled and so thankful. Linda is such an amazing friend, and does so much for me, I am so lucky to have her in my life. Love you to pieces Linda!

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Although I usually go for brights, I just love this quilt both design and color. Wonderful.

*karendianne. said...

This quilt is so adorable it makes a girl want to learn how to do the inner daisy, something new. Inspiring!

Melanie said...

Great quilt to build around a porch....Just beautiful.

sewprimitive karen said...

Daisy Chain is such a cute name. Pretty quilt, Tazzie.

Floss said...

What a lovely fresh looking quilt, both the fabric choice and the pattern.

atet said...

What a quilt, and more importantly -- what a friend!

loulee said...

Oooh! I like. What a pretty girly quilt. Great friend too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails