Friday, June 18, 2021

Getting things done!

It felt so great to work on a few different things this week. I got some more hand quilting finished, I am loving how it's coming along - not sure why, but I seem to want to hand quilt all the time at the moment!


Two triangles and two setting squares are quilted now, won't be long and I'll have to start thinking about how I'll quilt the border.

Next I made up a dress for Mary's rag doll - I keep referring to her as Dolly, I'm thinking when Mary is old enough she can give Dolly a name she chooses.


The dress is reversible, and the lace around the bottom was originally on Amy's cot quilt - not much survived, but I was able to salvage some of it :-) There is a really cute felt raincoat in one of the patterns, so next I think I'll try that - it looks quite complicated, but if I take it one step at a time, how hard could it be? Ha - famous last words!

And today - hubby put the trolley together for me - it's in place in the sewing room now. He also took the legs off my ironing board, and the board is in place (but yet to be secured - that's next) on top of the trolley.


I especially wanted this trolley for the sewing machine space on the lower shelf. At the rear of the shelf are two of my Singer Featherweights, and in front the Coverstitch machine and the Overlocker. The upper shelf will be great for easy access to containers with current projects. Happiness! Note to self: buy a new ironing board cover - that one looks a little scorched :-/

I also made up some spiderweb placemats, they were very cute with teal blue fabric coordinated with a pretty light script fabric - but after I popped them in the mail today I realised I'd neglected to take photos. Ugh, one of these days I'll get better at documenting my stitching efforts!

That's it from me for now - thank you for your lovely comments, I always enjoy reading them - and I'll chatter again soon! xox

4 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Hand quilting is my go to when I need to decompress. Yours is absolutely gorgeous. Have a great weekend.

Janet said...

I think you have a winner with the cart.
Your hand quilting is just so lovely, perfect. I love the way the solid fabric showcases the quilting.
Hope you have lovely plans for your Father's Day.

Kyle said...

Your hand quilting is perfect. It always seems to bring a quilt to life.

Jean McGee said...

The hand quilting is beautiful Tara and I can see why you keep going to it, just gorgeous. Mary will love her dolly and the name she gives it will be interesting, a little while yet but it won't take long to go.
The trolley is so practical , good idea putting the ironing board on top with storage underneath, might have to make a trip there myself! 😀

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails