Friday, June 06, 2014

Hexagons and Pentagons

Since I checked in last, I've been working on the hexagons for my Di Ford project. All the hexies are made (they're half inch!), I just need to stitch them into little flowers now. Being the impatient girl I am though, I wanted to see how one would look when appliquéd in place, and I love it:

I can't wait to get the others sewn in place, and then I can get busy with the rest of the broderie perse. Can I tell you how thrilled I am to be enjoying stitching for a change? It's a good thing :-)

And while at class on Thursday, I just had to get some happy snaps of my sweet friend Norma's recent (almost) finish, it's just delightful!

This is a pattern designed by the lovely ladies at Hetties Patch, I'm not sure of the name, but they kitted it up for Norma, and I just love how it looks. Norma has been both hand and machine quilting it, and she's on the home stretch now.

Can you see the big-stitch quilting on the pentagons there? It's done in a lovely deep red perle cotton and it's a lovely touch. I do love big-stitch hand quilting - I haven't done it for a long time, but long to do some again.

Well, that's it from me for now, I'm dying to get back to my little hexagons, so I'll check back with you soon! xox

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Love those tiny hexie flowers!

Miriam said...

Love those hexies! Your project is coming along beautifully!

Love the red hand quilting.

Carmen y Prady said...

Me encanta, y el acolchado perfecto, felicidades por ese trabajo tan bien hecho.
Un beso.

Missy Shay said...

It's looking great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails