Monday, July 02, 2012

2 FWS Blocks

Just a quick update before I head to bed. As much as I'd like to stay up watching Roger Federer play at Wimbledon, sometimes a body is weary and just says NO!

Block 83 - Spider Web 

Block 95 - Temperance Tree

Block Total: 102

I'm not sure why I avoided Spider Web for such a long time - it was actually really easy - and given how many Spider Web placemats I've made, you'd think I could do it in my sleep. Temperance Tree has a wonky section in the bottom left corner, and if I feel inclined I may fix it tomorrow - it's just a seam that got a bit narrow at one point and made the square a little crookedy.

I have a little ouch on my finger at the moment - while I was pressing the Spider Web block, my brain had a fade and I pressed my middle left finger a little. It's not terrible, just a hint of pink and smarts a bit. This quilting is a dangerous sport don't you think? :-)

2 comments:

Pip said...

I bet when you gave your finger a little press with the iron, it woke you up, I hate iron burns, especially steam iron burns they really hurt.
I was going to try and catch up with you in block making, but I don't think I will now, I won't be far behind though :)

Donna said...

I'm loving those blocks. You're making great progress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails