Friday, June 04, 2010

And yet more Turning Four-T's

Goodness me, here it is a week since I last posted already. I'm sure I never intended to have a weekly update cycle. Let's see if next week I can have more interesting things to update you with :-)

So, what have I worked on this past week? Along with a couple of things I really can't share, I've made some more Turning Four-T blocks. I can't remember if I told you that I really want to make the quilt bigger and replace a couple of blocks I'm not super happy with. This necessitates a further 27 blocks being made. I've done twelve now. *insert sound of crickets chirping here*

In the picture are six of the blocks I made this week. I'm going to try and cut some more out tonight before I head to bed.

I just love the fabrics. The two conversational prints I picked up while in Kentucky. Very appropriate to have the horses as a tribute to our visit to that state don't you think?

The navy fabric in the three blocks at the front of the picture is from the Sturbridge Village Blues collection by Judie Rothermel (Marcus Fabrics). Does anyone out there have any idea where I may be able to purchase some more of this fabric? I've checked all my usual fabric sources with no luck, and I've just run out. Any leads would be much appreciated. xox

Tomorrow I'm so looking forward to watching our Aussie girl Sam Stoser in the final of the French Open Tennis. Good luck Sam, we'll be cheering you on. And a huge treat for my friend Kath and I on Sunday. We have gold class tickets to see Sex and the City 2. Another glass of champagne darling? Yes, yes I think I will :-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your block is so beautiful. Great blue and white colour mixture. I love it!!!
Greetings from Finland!!!
Maarit

debbie m said...

Just checked my stash and don't have that blue...don't have much blue at all in my 1800's repro fabrics. Hmmm, need to rethink that! I do have a conversation print with crickets playing billards or pool, lol. How much does it take to make a block, i'd share my little fq but would need to make sure I sent enough for a block or two. What size are your blocks?

Elsie Montgomery said...

I copied your description (minus parenthese) into .bing.com and came up with several hits. One of them was http://www.bonniebluequilts.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=255 So you should be able to get your blue fabric!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Sorry, that should be parenthesis!

Teresa Rawson said...

I love this quilt...the bigger the better! Blue and neutral, my favorite, and my name starts with "T" - a perfect project in my mind!

Amy said...

I love the horses! Conversationals are some of my favorite repros.

As for the blues, go to www.quiltshops.com and type Sturbridge Village blue in the search engine. There are 2 quilt shops that have some of that blue left. Good luck!

AnnieO said...

Those deep navy fabrics are my favorites of the reproduction blues. I hope you find what you're looking for. Great batch of T's there!

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

They have some at homespunhearth.com and some on ebay but maybe not the exact one you want. I like this block pattern and have tucked it away for possible use in the future. Am just going to watch the tennis - enjoy!

Unknown said...

Your Turning forty blocks llok great. Looks like you are doing them all in blues and light? I made these a few years ago with bits of fabric we had swapped at a couple different retreats with white patches with names on them. I have machine quilted it. but is all colors and a great memory of retreat the two guilds I used to belong to. I'm sure you enjoyed your trip to the USA this year.

Linda C said...

Loving yout T blocks. l bought an antique T quilt in america several years ago and have reproduced it twice, once in reproduction reds and once in reproduction browns. Love them both. Might have to make a blue one. My T's are constructed differently.Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails