Monday, April 20, 2009

A Special Saturday

Saturday was a special day - for two reasons. The first being that it was our wedding anniversary. 17 happy years together for Marty and I. Because I was going to be up and out very early on Saturday morning, Marty presented me with this gorgeous Cyclamen plant on Friday night. He didn't want me wondering on Saturday whether he'd remembered or not. Usually we both forget, so it was a very sweet gesture.

And the second reason it was a big day was my teaching appointment. I was lucky enough to be asked to teach at the Southern Cross Quilters annual retreat which was held here in Adelaide.

Here are some of the ladies working away. I was teaching needle-turn applique, and more specifically, the table runner you can just see on the table. All the ladies in my group were just delightful, and for me (being the nervous Nellie that I am) it was just the very best day.

In fact, it was such a beautiful day all round, that for a while some of us dragged our chairs out on the balcony and soaked up the sun. Get a load of that view - such a lovely location for a quilting retreat!

8 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Tazzie, glad your teaching went well and Happy Anniversary..so nice that your husband remembered :-).

Julia said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

I could handle a few days sewing with a view like that! Gorgeous!

So glad that you class went well!

Teodo said...

Happy Anniversary!
Great a patchwork day looking at the sea. A dream!
ciao ciao

Trudi said...

What a fantastic location for a retreat, congratulations on both the teaching and on your Anniversary. :o)

Lovely table runner too!

YankeeQuilter said...

What a great location for a retreat of any kind! Congrats on the anniversary...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed retreat and that your class was a success. I really miss Adelaide's beaches! The table runner is lovely. Phill and I usually forget our anniversary too, so it's nice to see we're not alone LOL.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh man, yup, I could love that view!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey tazzie,

loved the classs, loved the location. Finally finished the top - all done by hand and now about to be quilted by hand. Thanks or a great class I learnt heaps.

Linni Hall

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails