Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fifteen Repro Blocks

Have I mentioned how addictive I'm finding these blocks? I've made 15 of them now - I think I'll stop at 25, slap a border on and call this quilt top done.

So many of you have asked for dimensions to the blocks. First up, I have to say that I don't know anything about the pattern - ie, if it's a pattern by a particular designer, if it's from a book, or any such things. Having said that, I'm sure it's just fine for me to say that the finished sizes for the pieces are: large squares 6", small squares 2", and the rectangles 6" x 2". I'll leave the rest for you to figure out for yourselves :-)

Yesterday I did manage to finish writing the directions I'd been wrestling with for a little while. I wanted to have them done on Monday, but I just couldn't focus. Sometimes it's so hard to find the words I'm looking for. I think it could also be because I'm a visual learner, and find it so much easier to show people how to achieve something. But anyway, I've done it, and yesterday I told myself that I could reward myself with the Singer slant needle machine Marty had seen at a local 'pawn' shop. I'm not sure yet if I'll go get it today - for two reasons. I know it'll be super heavy, and I just don't know where I'll put it!

Well, that's it for now, I really want to get busy and piece some more blocks and sashings. So much for a leader and ender project. I had a feeling it'd push its way to the head of the line!

18 comments:

Vicki W said...

They do look like fun blocks!

Gari in AL said...

What difference does it make if you don't have a place to put it? I have a crank Phaff that is resting on a mantel and I just see it as a decoration. LOL

mereth said...

I'm having the same trouble with my current leader-ender project. I find that I'm sewing on other things just so that I can have an excuse to do more of the leader-ender, when all I really want to do is sew on just that.But it's a huge thing,and there's a lot to go until it's finished, so I won't let myself be sidetracked. I won't.

loulee said...

Some things just have to be sewn...NOW! LOL

quiltygal said...

Oh hope you dont mind but Ive taken this idea & run with it, I have to do a childs quilt (wanted it to be quick & easy) when I saw this I thought thats the one so I have cut 6x8,4x2,6x2 rectangles & 2 in squares (finished size) from 9 different materials & will just mix them up think it will look good...

Clare said...

What model is the Singer? Mine is a 1425 and I love it.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Your quilt looks so great! Love the fabrics you've used!
Happy sewing:o)

Elsie Montgomery said...

I might have said it before, but I just love this quilt. I may copy it also. Could it be made with four patches and split-rails? Or is there a reason for doing it with blocks/sashing that is not obvious to my thick brain?? Please share!

*karendianne. said...

So fun to see these fantastic blocks. They make for a happy afternoon of blogging.

I can ALWAYS count on you!

Trudi said...

I agree with Loulee, sometimes they just Need to be done NOW! You go for it and enjoy! :o)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh very cute! Heck I still have to start the xmas tree skirt - don't tempt me!

M. Regina said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I love quilt with a lot of colors. Hugs from Brasil

Di said...

Loving the repro blocks quilt. It looks gorgeous!

Karen said...

Your blocks look great! I can see why they would be addictive! Looks like they are a lot of fun!

Tissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tissy said...

Oh yeah, this is definitely one for me!!!

Anonymous said...

The quilt will be lovely. Easy and fast - that's what I like these days LOL.

Susan said...

Our group was discussing just the other day how difficult it is to write directions that just anyone can follow.

I might have to see if I can get that magazine in the states when your article comes out. It looks like a design I would like.

Thanks for sharing the repro block. That will be on my list for sure to use up my Bag of Scraps fabric.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails