Sunday, November 19, 2006

Bits & Pieces

Yesterday I refolded my Sisters Choice quilt over the bannister. Whenever I do that it reveals fabrics I haven't seen in a while, so I end up spending a little time staring at it and patting it :-) I know I've shared a picture of this quilt before, it's one that Linda from San Jose and I made together. She made 100 blocks, and so did I, and we sent each other 50 of our blocks. I think Linda placed her blocks randomly, but I have alternated our blocks so I can remember who's is who's. The one with the red is Linda's, so that means the one diagonally on the left is hers etc. Such a fun quilt, and thank you to Bonnie for the pattern on her website.

I don't really have anything exciting to share this morning. I'm feeling very flat after a big party at a friends house last night. It was a late night ... and just super fun! I think we've a party a weekend heading up to Xmas now, it gets like that when Summer draws near.

I noticed yesterday that Bloglines wasn't playing nice. Either that or everyone was very quiet ... and that isn't often the case. I hope it's getting sorted out, I have so many blogs I like to visit, it's hard to get thru everyone without Bloglines help. I don't think I'm Robinson Crusoe there!

Hope you're having a good weekend, I'm off to get another coffee ... yes, that's what I need ... some more caffeine!

8 comments:

Linda C said...

I like the simplicity of the quilting, Tazzie. It doesn't interrupt the "looking at the fabrics" and spotting old favorites and some you wished you had since this was a dual project.

I had to wonder about blogger too but I see that it must be a universal problem.

Melanie said...

I love learning about the differences in our seasons... Beautiful quilt. I love the holidays. We're so busy with kids and work that the holidays give us a chance see old friends.

Susan said...

Sister's Choice is my favorite block, done Bonnie's way or traditionally. I just love that block in every color combination. Yours is a lovely one.

Bloglines doesn't report on me, but then I didn't post since late last night. =)

Cher said...

you certainly have been busy-good for you to tackle sock knitting! I have yet to venture into that realm, one day next year perhaps. your sister's choice quilt is such a wonderful reminder of a great friendship.

Hanne said...

Lovely stars.
I could not believe you had been quiet for so many days, so I went to check. Seems like bloglines does not update on you betabloggers....or something.
Well, back to the old going around the ring I guess.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Bloglines isn't working this morning so I'm using the Ring to catch up ..... this is such a lovely simple pattern and your quilt is gorgeous. How nice to share blocks (and a quilt) with someone so far away.

May Britt said...

When going through my bloglines today I see a lot has happend this weekend. Is it because the changes to Beta that makes bloglines act strange???? I changed to beta today and it went very well.

Saska said...

I thought bloglines was acting funny too.
I really like this quilt..it's on my to-do list....someday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails