Thursday, August 03, 2006

Maverick Baby Steps

Thank you to my wonderful friend Bonnie Hunter for helping me to become a member of the Quilt Maverick's webring. I have wanted to join for the longest time, but didn't think I'd been blogging for long enough, or consider myself to be quite Maverick enough. I'm certainly a scrappy quilter, and starting to push my boundaries, so maybe Bonnie's group will help me to push my boundaries further. It's fun to see that many of my friends from the Stash Quilts ring are Mavericks also! I look forward to getting to know my new friends too!

I have attached a picture for you from yesterday's Dear Tazzie class. I hope the picture is not too bad, we had a lot of light pouring in from the window. This is Wendy with her Angel quilt. It's been a while in the making, and it's looking soooo nice. She collected 'sky' fabrics for about five years before beginning. She had a book with the inspiration for the quilt (I can't remember the name of it) which has the patterns for the applique angels, a picture of the whole quilt was there, but no pattern for the quilt. I helped her to work out how to make up the background, and I drafted the scrappy stars for her. She then had the quilt professionally quilted before commencing to work on the applique angels, which is what she's currently working on. I hope Wendy enjoys seeing her quilt on the web, she will be a new visitor to my blog!

And speaking of blog visitors, a huge shout out to my wonderful friend Jenny! I'm so proud of your quilting journey, and I'm sew glad we're friends! Would you like to come and have a play date next week? I'll make lunch!

Thank you to everyone for your concern over my plumbing issues *ggls* Well now, 'plumbing issues' could be taken completely out of context?!? All is well now, hubby fixed up the tap perfectly last night, so I need have no fear of my shower now. I know that showers fittings are slightly different in the US, so I should clarify what actually happened. It was the tap thingy that fell off, not the shower head or faucet thingy. What I ended up with was a shower head flinging cold water at me with no way to turn it off ... I had to wodge the tap back on and try and turn it off ... all a little tricky when it's cold, cold water, scantily dressed ... hmmm, let's not get visual.

Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

quiltpixie said...

You're so lucky! I've wanted into Mavericks for a while, but figure I'll just make the rounds and participate whetehr a member of that ring or not... And the blue patchwork behind the angle is very pretty. I really like applique ont top of patchwork, but haven.t done much as I dislike doing applique...

Joyce said...

I love the quilt. Blue is my favorite color. And the applique is looking good.

Eileen said...

I like your log cabin, and the quilt your friend made. One of my UFOs is a Piece O'Cake quilt with the applique over patchwork. I think it adds interest to the quilt.
Congratulations on Maverick.

Darlene said...

Love your quilts! Thanks for stopping my blog and leaving a comment about my Confetti quilt. :-)

Hanne said...

Tell Wendy her quilt looks very good. The table topper is nice too.

The Calico Cat said...

I am so glad to see that your students applique after quilting is working... (I have a similar UFO... Appliqued wedding ring, with the rings pre quilted, so I can applique within the lines.)

ForestJane said...

Welcome to Mavericks!

Of course you're already on my blogline's anyway, but nice to see you there too!

And glad your tap's been plumbed! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails