Friday, April 07, 2023

Such fun times!

I'll open this post with the result of a little retail therapy, and then I'll tell you the story of how it happened ...

Aren't these yummy fabrics? I know they'll go really well in my version of the Morrell quilt. And as I placed them on the counter at Quilters Quarters, as Lyn worked out my total, she said they're so very me - she is so right! It was a fun journey to get to the quilt store on Wednesday ... let me enlighten you!

Our lovely Canadian friend Chris from Quilting at the Farm was set to land at the airport in the early afternoon as part of her grand Australian tour. Communications had been challenging due to being overseas and data providers and whatever. I had gotten an email the day before with the address she was staying, which was seriously the other side of town, and with work commitments I wasn't sure how we'd be able to make a catch up work.

So, on a wild hair, I decided to head to the airport at about the right time and see what happened! Hilariously I managed to startle Chris, her husband and her host near the baggage carousel! After excited chattering and whatnot, managed to convince Chris to join me visiting me at a nearby quilt store that had agreed to open especially for us if we would like to stop by. We had so much to talk about, and following a tea and cake break as well as retail therapy, it was time to get Chris across town to her lodgings. We had so much time to talk in the car, and we giggled endlessly about how Chris now has a fun story about being kidnapped at the airport in Adelaide.

And a big thank you to Chris' host for taking a photo to remember our fun afternoon by:

Aren't blogging friends the best? What a fun day! Chris has a little more time here before heading back to NSW for more adventures.

After the fun day out, I've been working on prepping some Morrell blocks for hand piecing. I'm loving how they're coming along so far, and I can't wait to get stitching on them:



The applique block there is all glue basted and ready for hand stitching down, that's going to be a fun one to work on.

I'd like to get another couple ready, so I'll be able to get that done in the sewing room over this long weekend. I think I'm enjoying selecting the fabrics for each block most of all.

There are a couple more pictures to share, but they're gifts, so I'll wait until they've been received and show them off later. I'll leave off here, and wish those of you that celebrate a Happy Easter, and I'll chatter soon! xoxox

11 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

What a great idea to meet Chris at the airport. I'm sure she really was surprised! Your fabrics are lovely and are perfect for the Morrell. Happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that sounds like a fun day - nice to meet up with a friend and the fabric looks so you

Rose Marie said...

Oh, what fun the two of you must have had! Those fabrics are gorgeous!

Jeanette said...

How lovely that you got to catch up with Chris. I was supposed to be able to meet her next week at retreat but sadly that has fallen through. :(. Love the fabrics & the blocks.

Janet said...

Wow on the airport meeting. Fantastic.
That was so nice of the shop owner to open for you all. glad you had success. Morrell is going to be another gorgeous creation by you.
Happy stitching and weekend.

Janet O. said...

Those are lovely fabrics.
What fun that you met up with Chris at the airport and were able to kidnap her for a private shopping session!

Nancy said...

How fun that you found Chris at the airport and whisked her away to even more fun at the fabric store!
Your fabrics are beautiful and your Morrell blocks are even more beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing progress on this quilt!

Monopoly said...

Thanks for the interesting and thought-provoking posts

loulee said...

What a great idea, to surprise Chris at the airport. I was lucky to meet her at Baradine, where we were both Scrub Stitching with Donna Chookyblue.
Your projects always amaze me.

Raewyn said...

I heard about your kidnap of Chris, and it sounds like she enjoyed it! Lovely fabric shopping :-)

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

what fabric line are you using for the Morrell quilt? I am coming out of the dark finally! Life begins a new! Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails