Friday, February 12, 2021

Late in the day, but still Friday!

This week has been consumed with very much non-quilt related activities, but that will change from this evening.

Last weekend I was busy baking for Amy's baby shower, the due date is drawing near. She requested cupcakes and a cutting cake:




We enjoyed a lovely afternoon at Newman's Nursery & Topiary Tea House with family and friends. It's amazing how fast the last eight months have gone, and soon we'll have a new tiny family member. I cannot wait!

In other news, I finally finished the tennis skirt I've had on hold for a few months. I'm trying really hard to tame my fear of the overlocker, and honestly, it's getting easier. I tried a rolled hem for the first time, and OMG, life changing! Here's the skirt:


It has built in undershorts, and I'm so pleased with how it fits me. There are lots of things I'd like to do better, but it's all learning. And to be honest, it's probably a rather ambitious undertaking for a first project? Anyway, it's done, and I know what I need to improve on going forward.

Some new shoes came into my life this week, and I adore them!


Have you ever tried to take a picture of shoes you're wearing? Oh my, it's tricky, but there they are ... on my kitchen floor that clearly needs a wash ... but let's pretend we didn't see that. This girl loves some pretty shoes, and I'll be wearing them out tomorrow night to our 'vino and vinyl' group. Super fun!

Last of all, some much needed quilty content! I'm going to start working on some applique blocks for the Lily Rosenberry quilt:


As soon as dinner is done, I'm starting prep work for this sweet project. I am actually really excited about it. And you know I'll share my progress with you in the next post.

Chatter soon! xox

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Waiting for a grandchild is very exciting! The Lily Rosenberry quilt is beautiful. I've often admired the pattern but I'm overwhelmed by all the little circles. Will your quilt be in red and green also? Happy stitching!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh wow, I can't wait to watch you work on your Lily Rosenberry quilt. I adore that pattern. Sue was such a remarkable designer. Sounds like the shower was a sweet success. That cake is gorgeous! And, those shoes - wow!

Janet said...

Cake and cupcakes look delicious and oh so pretty. I can't wait to see your fabric choices for Lily. You have such an eye for it. I think your skirt looks great, you need to model it. Love the shoes, a lady can't have too many. I'm hooked on over the knee boots for winter.

Pam said...

Congratulations on the impending granddaughter. Girls are so much fun to sew for

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails