Saturday, June 16, 2018

Border progress ...

Hi everyone, thank you all for stopping by and commenting on my last post. Seems the comments thing still isn't working which is a little irritating. On the last post I left a comment of my own, and subscribed to replies which meant that I did receive an email that I'd received a comment, but there was no address provided for me to respond to. I may be able to reply if I still have your address on file from a past communication, but other than that, who knows? Is anyone else having the same issues?

Anyway, let's get on to the quilting ... I can't remember if at the time of the last post I had all of the first triangle border in place, but that's definitely complete now. And the subsequent skinny border is in place too. It is only an inch cut, so half an inch finished. I've also pieced the next top and bottom borders which are made up of small squares and triangles, and I've stitched one to the body of the quilt. So much cutting and piecing!

I have a bunch more cutting still to do before I can make up the borders for the sides, but once they're done I feel like this quilt is really moving toward the finish line!

After this pieced border, it's pretty much a mirror image of the borders I've done already, a skinny dark border, another triangle border, a marginally less skinny border, and then I move to the final pieced border made up of star blocks.

My lovely friend Lizzy will baste the quilt for me when I'm done, and then I can get busy hand quilting once again. I'm really looking forward to it!

A big thank you to Shasta Matova, Phyllis, Janet, Karen, Wendy and Jocelyn for commenting on my last post, I'll pop you an email if I can. Chatter soon! xox

8 comments:

AnnieO said...

Looking very well pieced and colorful! Blogger has eliminated OpenId so if a commenter does not have a google account they become no-reply. As you mentioned, you can reply if there is an email address! I’m not sure if the comment problem will ever be fixed, and unless you allow anonymous comments, likely will never be the way it was! Blogger Buzz announced all kinds of changes over the next few months. Sigh.

Phyllis said...

Beautiful border, again. Love all those fabrics and colors.
About the comments, I read somewhere that this is a change Blogger made, not a bug. I miss it too, it sort of defeats why I blog. I blog to share and connect. I cannot connect if I do not know that people comment on my blog and I can respond to that. So I really do not know what to make of all this....

Kyle said...

Each border adds another dimension. It's beautiful

Lisa said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I love everything about it. Love the small prints you have chosen and also the fact that you are a hand quilter! It's the only way...thanks for the close up photos. Progress on your borders with photos are appreciated. This is a great stash busting quilt.

Janet said...

Gorgeous and perfect. I just love all the different fabrics you are using.

momto1 said...

Beautiful!! I love the close-ups of the piecing and fabrics.

Sue said...

Looking beautiful Tazzie. All the different fabrics make it so interesting to look at. :-)

Karen said...

My kind of fabrics. A wonderful stash!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails