Monday, November 27, 2017

Centre block almost complete ...

I got brave this past week and decided to try working on the people featured in the Phebe centre block. I don't mind admitting I was a little nervous about it, I've never appliqued a person before! They're definitely not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with the results, and it gave me the boost I needed to tackle the remaining applique elements:

Not everything is stitched down yet, but I'm getting close. I feel like it may be a while before I'm brave enough to give the people their faces. I know I'll get there though - maybe I'll practice with a wash out marker before working with anything more permanent. The last thing I need is to find something to put in the ladies hand next to the vase. I'm thinking maybe a broderie perse bouquet or some such thing.

And because there has been so much applique on the agenda lately, yesterday I was itching to sit at the sewing machine for a little. A few weeks ago I had made a tiny top from some left over HST's, and decided it was time to quilt it.

Quilting and binding really only took a very short time to finish, and it definitely satisfied my need for some more instant results. I think I'll wrap this up with some other little doodads and give it to my Nanna for Christmas.

Today I'm going to finish putting up the Christmas tree - I'm running a little late this year. I usually put the tree up on Pageant day, and this year that was the 18th Nov - so I need to get busy.

Well, that's it from me - chatter soon! xox

3 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your little people are adorable--great job! I would be nervous about doing their faces too, but I'm sure you will nail it! :-)

Janet said...

It looks great. I can tell you now this is going to be one of those quilts that every time you look at you will see something new. Love the fussy cut flowers. They are small figures so to me none of the features need to be bold/dark. Thank you for sharing. I do have my tree up and a few decorations out,more to come.

Kyle said...

Your center square has so much detail with the fussy cutting and the fabrics you've chosen. The little hst piece is delightful. I know what you mean when you need some quick gratification. Great job all around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails