Monday, March 03, 2014

A little appliqué progress ...

Just a quickie post for now - if I procrastinate, I won't have any stitching time at all - there is so much going on at home today.

Here's where I'm up to with the Di Ford BOM right now. All the diamonds are appliquéd in place, the little flower circles are all stitched down, and I've made a good start on the basket. I'm not happy with the handle on the right side, so I may take it off and try again. I'll wait until I've done some more stitching and see if it still bugs me.

I will have to stitch the bias stems in place before I can add the top of the basket, but I just didn't have it in me last night to be fiddling with those. Hubby and I settled in to watch Downton Abbey, and time just got away from me.

This morning I've been doing chores and baking - I've made more muffins and Anzac biscuits. The hubster and kids have been eating me out of house and home lately. Cameron has grown a lot and is really developing quite an appetite - I can't even imagine what he'll be like as a teenager?!? Amy has kindly gone to the grocery store for me, it's so helpful to have a small person with her own wheels, and she loves to do the shopping - I just know it'll wear off *lol* After school it's directly to Camo's tennis training, rush home to organise dinner, and then Amy and I have to go to a clothes party that my Mum has organised at 7.30. I can't imagine where I'll find a few quiet moments, but I'll try hard ... chatter soon!

5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

This is so lovely.

Carmen y Prady said...

Un progreso perfecto. Es muy bonito.
Un beso

Shay said...

Slow Down Girl - you're making me dizzy. Its all I could do this morning to pull my butt off the computer chair and go to work.

Love what youve done so far ...its so pretty!

Noela said...

This is looking good, very pretty. Hugs......

Anonymous said...

Looking great, i am doing it too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails