Sunday, February 19, 2012

Edging closer ...

On Friday afternoon I was able to assemble the last pieces of the diamond border and stitch it in place - and today I've put the next framing border on my Mrs Billings Coverlet project. (It's looking odd in the picture as it's draped over my ironing board ... and also because I'm a really hopeless photographer!)


The next border is going to take some time to piece - it's another with those little squares that are around 1" in size, and when the next framing border is in place, I can move onto the third installment. I'm sure I'm due to get the fifth in the mail soon - so I'm only three months behind *lol*.

On Saturday afternoon I whiled away a few hours with some 'a little bit new, and some completely new to me' quilting friends. They are the most darling group of Farmers Wife sewers, and also bloggers - Claire, Val, Loz, Kris, Mrs P, and ... (I'll get back to you with links and fill in the blanks ;-)). They're hand sewing their FW blocks, and all got quite a bit done. I think I got the least done of all - but I've always been a chatterer :-)

In other news, I'm finally getting caught up with my emails, and I've recently been asked a few direct questions by people with their email set at no reply, so here are some answers for them:

Fran asked what line of fabric I'm using for my Mrs Billings project: I'm using about five different ranges of fabric, all designed by French General. I'll try and remember all of them, Maison de Garance, Pom Pom de Paris, Panier de Fleurs, Rouenneries Deux and La Petite Ecole. I think that's all of them. I just adore anything by French General - it's my current love :-)

Claudia asked after the Noah and Friends project I shared a little while back. I'm sad to say you probably won't be seeing that one again. I was repairing the project for a lovely customer of mine, and now that the top is complete I've handed it back to her. She has some blanket stitch work to do, and then she will decide what she's doing about quilting. It was just adorable though, and fun to work on.

Quilter Steph asked after the hexagon tool I was using to cut out the hexies before I went away. It is a sweet little template that was supplied with the Mrs Billings Coverlet block 1. I have seen other hexagons like it before - it's basically a template that has the middle cut away so that you can trace the sewing line and the cutting line. Very cute. I suspect that Somerset Patchwork and Quilting had the templates made especially. Hope this helps.

Alrighty, I think this has me somewhat up to date with my emails - I hope I don't get too far behind again in a hurry! In my next post I hope to share a few more USA pics ... chatter soon!

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

It was great to meet you yesterday Tara......even if you have placed temptation in my way with Mrs Billings! will be watching your progress with interest!

Nancy said...

It is fascinating to watch this project come together.

Kylie Lloyd said...

it's beautiful Tara

Vickie said...

Oh Miss T --that is stunningly beautiful..this years 1st prize for sure...cheers Vickie

Sheila said...

Those French General fabrics are all playing so nicely together for Mrs Billings. It sure is going to be another stunner. I sa your pic with the Farmers wife, looked like you were all having fun

scooters said...

This fabric square designs are look so awesome and wonderful.Diamond border in this fabrics look so colorful and attractive.

Sue said...

Love your Mrs Billings quilt, and guess what? I am coming to the retreat to do it ( well start it anyway):-)ntivand lpsoe

OzRose said...

Was great to catch up with you Tara. Thanks for sharing your Mrs Billings with us too as well as your FW blocks! Was a nice afternoon with all and sundry! Hugs Val

cityquilter grace said...

it's so beautiful regardless of the ironing board!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails