Sunday, July 05, 2009

Yes!

I am SO excited to finally have this top finished, and I just love how it looks.

Even though it's the same pattern as my original Starstruck quilt, it's amazing how different it looks with the blue triangles rather than the original red ones.

I'd love to get right into the quilting, but first I'm going to busy myself cleaning the sewing room - it really needs a good vacuum, and I should cut up some of the scraps that need to go into the boxes - they can build up so fast.

In other news - later in the year Marty and I and our friends Kath and Andrew are planning to travel to Hong Kong. Yesterday Kath and I found a great deal - tickets are reserved, and tomorrow money will change hands. So exciting - it's really happening! We can't wait :-)

17 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

That is certainly a beautiful pattern. The blue sections are fascinating. I know you'll be looking forward to the upcoming trip!

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

I really love your quilt! Like the triangles ;o)
Laila

Shari said...

This is great! It's turned out beautifully in blues - wow.

And do enjoy the holidays... I've taken a week off work as well... yipee!!

Cheers - Shari

Vicki W said...

It looks great!

Julie in the Barn said...

I love your design and the blues are gorgeous. Such a pretty quilt!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Again, I really like this. Borders are perfect!

Enjoy your trip. We went to South Korea last November and China a few years ago. The food is most interesting and good!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is turning out beautifully. Wow, that sounds like a wonderful vacation. I hope you have a wonderful time.

onlymehere said...

I really like this quilt! You do such beautiful work. Cindy

Vivian said...

The bordering partial blocks are so unique on this quilt. It's simply beautiful.

Unknown said...

Love the look of this quilt. Reminds me of the one I just got quilted.
What a trip. Guess Hon Kong isn't as far as the US. Enjoy,

*karendianne. said...

Absolutely wonderful to see the finished quilt. I love this one, being a Star girl and all.

But the news about the trip, well, that's exhilarating! Talk about a dreamy trip, a trip of a lifetime. That's on the top. Congrats. I'm so happy for y'all.

BJ said...

It looks great in the blues!! Even though i love the red version, i think this one is my favourite.
Cheers,
BJ

YankeeQuilter said...

Beautiful! Love the blues. Your trip sounds exciting!

ForestJane said...

Ohh, very nice, Tazzie! The color selections you've used make that layout very comforting-looking. ;)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it looks wonderful!

Darlene said...

Oh Tazzie - it's breathtaking - I love this one! Lots of red and blue - Sigh!

Tracy said...

These colors are marvelous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails