Friday, December 12, 2008

Two blocks to go ...

Yesterday after work, and this morning, I put together three more of the Back Home Again blocks.

Normally it wouldn't take quite that long, but some of these blocks have LOTS of pieces. The one in the back at right has 57 pieces in a 12 inch block, and the one next to it has 57 pieces in the 6 inch centre section, and then a further 8 pieces to make it up to 12 inches. Very fiddly and time consuming!

I have only two blocks left to make. One is the smaller version of the block in front, and the last one will be very easy, the small version of the first block I made which is quite an easy one. Then I can start putting the rows together, and I'm really excited about that!

In wonderful news, I'm finally starting to feel a lot better. Thank you so much for your kind wishes and concern, you have all been just lovely.

**Ohhh, and BTW, I'm finally adding labels to my posts, so I apologise in advance if old posts get busy popping up in bloglines etc.**

Shortly we'll be heading off to Amy's school netball team grand final. They made it again this season against all odds, and they're definitely the underdogs tonite. We're all so proud of them, and thrilled they've made it this far regardless of the end result. Better run, I need to get organised ... talk soon :-)

7 comments:

loulee said...

Hmmm, all looks very interesting. I think those blocks are very busy, too much like hard work for me! LOL
Good luck to the netball team.

*karendianne. said...

Yeah! Huge improvement on health. Happy to hear it. Proof is in the amazing blocks. I love reading how many pieces are in those. It adds the the beauty and appreciation. ...or the Wow factor. Seriously - 57 pieces! You go girl!

Best to Amy tonight.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I haven't labeled my posts either. Not sure where to start with that.

Good for Amy and her netball team! WAY TO GO!!

I love the blocks you've been working on. Many pieces and fiddly is my middle name!*LOL*

Enjoy the weather and your newfound health... :c)

Bonnie

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

Shari said...

Back Home Again is such an interesting collection of blocks, it's going to be a great quilt! Glad you are feeling better...
Hope Amy's team won!
Merry Christmas...

julieQ said...

57 pieces in 6 inches? You are more intrepid than I, dear lady! It is shaping up to be such a pretty quilt.

Passionate Quilter said...

I love that block--they are all pretty, but I'm really fond of this one! Glad to hear that you are finally starting to feel better. It's hard to be real productive when your energy level is down!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails