Saturday, August 16, 2008

A little stitching ...

Of late I have managed to get just a little of my own stitching done. Just enough to feel like my life is still my own :-)

On Tuesday evening I put a few blocks of my Carolina Crossroads quilt together. I had planned to put sashing strips between the blocks, but I changed my mind in the end. I'm not even sure that I will add borders to the quilt, but I'm a LONG way off making any decisions like that.

And in almost astounding news, today I thought it'd be fun to put a Dear Jane block together. This is L13 - Harvest Moon. Quite a fun block - a little piecing and a little applique. Linda recently sent me some lovely 30's prints (thank you Linda!) and I think they've inspired me to look at my 30's Jane again.

Best get back to work, I'll check back in soon. x o x

9 comments:

Sunny said...

Your Carolina Crossroads is looking lovely. Very nice indeed. I love 30's fabrics. I have yet to venture into any Dear Jane quilting.

Myra said...

Love what I am seeing so far on your Carolina Crossroads! Wow! You are so darn good with scraps! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Teresa said...

Your DJ block is perfect - wonderful piecing work. I have seen that Carolina's Crossroads quilt on so many blogs and each is just beautiful!

Julie said...

Your block makes me want to get out my DJ stuff and start back on it. I wish I had never set it aside!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

ooohh ohhhh ohhh!! I Love it!! And don't you love those little DJ blocks...they are like potato chips..just can't resist them!

Bonnie

Sara said...

I so love the Carolina Crossroads. That is definately on my to be made list! And that Dear Jane block is great!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Looks like you've done a lot of great stitching Tazzie. The Carolina Crossroads and the Jane both look great.

Katie said...

Your CC is going to be spectacular.

sewprimitive karen said...

Haven't done that DJ yet; how did you do that one so beautifully??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails