Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cinnamon Christmas

I've been working hard and here's the end result. The quilt is called Cinnamon Christmas - named for the images in the centres of the blocks. Cheri asked the other day what fabric the pictures were - I thought I'd share with everyone - it's called 'A Country Christmas' by Makower.

It doesn't really show up in the picture, but the project is all quilted now, and I've attached the binding. I just need to hand sew the reverse side. I'd like to finish that part off tonight so I can leave the quilt at the store tomorrow. This is the first of five projects for the Christmas in July workshop. I have a couple of customer quilts I need to work on before I start on the next project, which will be a table runner.

Best get back to work - I've been stressing a little over my workload lately, which is unlike me. I don't usually stress over anything. My friend Linda put it perfectly when I spoke to her yesterday. She said 'Work steady'. Says it all really, doesn't it?

8 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

very nice.....cross that one off the list......

Doodlebug Gail said...

Beautiful! You always amaze me with how much quilting you get done - is this one for a magazine?

Gail

jovaliquilts said...

Thanks for the fabric info! I'd love to see the quilt, but blogger is pulling a trick on me and not always loading photos when I'm blog reading. :( Sometimes when that happens it shows up another day, so I'll check back!

sewprimitive karen said...

That's as cute as can be. I like the "Work Steady".

Nancy said...

I love the pattern...... did you make this up? How big are the red squares? and the border around the center square. I could definitely bust some stash using this pattern.

Hugs!
Nancy

loulee said...

Looks great Tazzie. Those colours always look really warm a cozy to me.

Anonymous said...

Sure looks cozy and ready to snuggle in! We use to have a form of Christmas in July at our house because our son (and now a granddaughter) were born on Christmas Day. In order for him to get a birthday party we'd honor his birthday in July VBG

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that is really pretty. I saw the fabric line in an online store and thought it was too country for me but this worked up nicely. I may have to get the fabric after all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails