Monday, October 01, 2007

Have I shown you?

** Late edit - I found in my archives that I have shown this quilt before ... so for those of you experienceing de-ja vu, it's not you, it's me being flaky :-) **

For all my talk, I've actually achieved very little this weekend that I can share with you. I have managed to finish up the directions and most of the bits and pieces to send off to the magazine tomorrow. And yesterday I quilted up a quilt for a customer, and got a start on a second one. So I guess there has been some crafty stuff going on. But I do know I've been doing a lot of aimless stuff. Like viewing all our pictures on Picasa last night ... and watching a lot of TV ... But anyways, looking at the pictures I saw some pictures I may or may not have shared with you.


I know I have shared you the miniature baby sister of this quilt, but have I shown you the larger one? Maybe I have. This is one of my favourite quilts, and it's named Purple Hearts. It was my second ever quilt to be published. I just loved the purple fabrics, and had a lot of fun putting the quilt together. This was made back when I hand quilted everything. I was actually scared to machine quilt, and it wasn't that long ago - 2004.

I didn't realise until looking thru the pictures that I had one of the quilting close up - so here it is. I quilted it with a purple thread - some considered it a brave choice, but I loved how it was so contrasty in the lighter areas of the quilt.

The quilt is currently spending time at the quilt store, as some ladies purchased kits and are working on the quilt. I think other than my Christmas patterns, this is one of my most popular. I'm thrilled, cuz I just love it :-)

10 comments:

dot said...

Great quilt and great quilting. Very talented lady.

jodie said...

It's very pretty, I don't mind the second airing!
Jodie

Anonymous said...

Wow, your hand quilting is amazing! It's a very pretty quilt.

The Calico Cat said...

That purple quilting is AWESOME! With your quilting stitch - go ahead and make brave choices!

Joyce said...

I can easily understand why that quilt is so popular. It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely--both the quilt and the quilting.

I'm curious how you mark your quilts... ruler & ?? pen? painter's tape? And did you outline quilt the applique and then mark it for the crosshatch?

I want to do more handquilting of my personal quilts and those for close family gifts.
Sheila in Ohio
ssheilaquiltss at gmail dot com

~Bren~ said...

I had not seen the quilt before, so thank you for sharing it again! It is gorgeous! Not that machine quilting is bad, but your skill for hand quilting is so wonderful, I hope you never give it up.

Sølvis blog said...

Just one thing to say about this quilt- It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing - also for the picture of the quilting.

atet said...

What a lovely, lovely quilt -- I may have missed it the first time around, and I'm always willing to take a look at a pretty quilt!

Unknown said...

Tazzie, I know I didn't see this quilt the first time around. It is georgous. Thanks for posting again and also that hand quilting. Keep doing that although I know you do wonderful machine quilting also.
Your little purse is so cute and such a clever idea. You're full of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails