Monday, August 27, 2007

More applique ...

This project is starting to take shape now ... and from this point on is going to be kind of slow going.

I'm appliqueing the border pieces, the one in the foreground is about two thirds done. I wanted to cut out all the larger melon shapes before I set to cutting out all the smaller leaves for the middle block, just to make sure I had enough larger pieces to go round. I'm working with scraps of fabric now - all the larger pieces have been used in the sisters choice blocks. (you can just see them all there in the background)

So you can imagine where I'm heading ... the centre block will have a narrow dark border, then the setting triangles will be appliqued in a similar way to the centre block. Then another narrow dark border, followed by the sisters choice blocks. Another dark border, and then a leafy fabric for the final border from one of the Jo Morton ranges.

22 comments:

Ming said...

Hi Tazzie, you seem a superlady to me. How can you do so many things together and be so fast? I admire you!^^ By the way, I live in the Hills.

Darlene said...

Tazzie - this is going to be beautiful. I love everything about it. You continue to inspire me.

Lindah said...

Oh, oh, this is luscious. It is going to be so pretty. All my favorite colors, too! Don't think I have commented on your blog before, but I read it with great interest. You do such splendid work!

Carol E. said...

I truly admire anyone who can do beautiful applique. Therefore I admire you!! So lovely... I look forward to seeing this project again.

Unknown said...

This is looking great! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Floss said...

This is coming along nicely, I love the colors. I am also surprised by how many lovely quilts you make.

atet said...

This quilt is going to be absolutely spectacular. And reminds me, again, why I want to learn how to actually do applique that doesn't only involve fusible webb. Someday.

Hanne said...

This will be a lovely quilt Tazzie :-)

I am drinking myself up on coffee here so I can sew a lot today ;-)

Unknown said...

This one just gets better and better :o)

Cathi said...

OK...stop now...you are making me too amazed wondering how you continue to get so much done and be so creative. Is this a commissioned quilt or one for your competition entry, or just for fun??

It is gorgeous, and you know I love all those repro colors!!

The Calico Cat said...

so pretty...

Chookyblue...... said...

wow this is coming along nicely

Rose Johnston said...

Oh wow, im loving this already. This is going to be gorgeous!!!

loulee said...

Thats looking really good, I love the border.

Kate North said...

Looks good, Tazzie. One question, though - do you know of some secret stash of time somewhere that the rest of us aren't aware of? :)

~Bren~ said...

How wonderful! I LOVE your colors. It is amazing what a little (ok alot) of applique can do to a pieced block!

Debi said...

Absolutely wonderful, I lvoe the color choices. This is going to be stunning.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Ooohh! I am loving the colors and design! Very, very nice!

Lucy said...

I love it !

Anonymous said...

This applique piece is gorgeous - the colours are perfect and the fabrics - well, beeeeeautiful :-)

Kim said...

That's coming along very nicely--it will look wonderful when you're done! I can hardly wait!

kcdi said...

That is so gorgeous! I love the design and the colors and fabric choices are brilliant!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails