Tuesday, August 01, 2006

More Log Cabins

Last night I got some real piecing done ... woohoo!! I made up the 12 log cabin blocks that are required for the 'table topper' for the quilt store (I couldn't get all the blocks in the picture, but trust me, there are 12 :-)) . It's not really a table topper, it's more of a fabric shelf topper. The blocks are all made from fabrics from the scrap bags that Cheryl gave me. The table topper is going to look very scrappy, and I hope really wonderful. It's going to have different borders on the sides and the top and bottom ... I can't really describe it well, but I promise to put a picture here when it's done.

I saw this on Linda J's blog, and thought it would be fun, so here's my One Word ... wow, sometimes it's tricky to use just one word!


One Word for
1. Yourself: Relaxed
2. Your partner: Motivated
3. Your hair: Blonde
4. Your Mother: Busy
5. Your Father: Amazing
6. Your Favorite Item: Featherweight
7. Your dream last night: Unsure
8. Your Favorite Drink: Coffee
9. Your Dream Home: Unsure
10. The Room You Are In: Study
11. Your pleasure: Quilting
12. Your fear: Unsure
13. Where you Want to be in Ten Years? Here 
14. Who you hung out with last night: Kids
15. What You're Not: Worrier
16. Your Best Friends: Wonderful
17. One of Your Wish List Items: Holiday
18. Your Gender: female
19. The Last Thing You Did: Breakfast
20. What You Are Wearing: Trakkie
21. Your favorite weather: Warm
22. Your Favorite Book? Persian Pickle Club (Oops, too many words)
23. Last thing you ate? Breakfast Bar
24. Your Life: Simple
25. Your mood: Happy
26. The last person you talked to on the phone: Renee
27. Who are you thinking about right now? Cameron

Hope you're all having a great week!

7 comments:

Linda C said...

The colors look so soft and pretty in the blocks. Were the strips left from the bolts at the shop? One of our local shops always saves the last couple inches of each bolt for a shop quilt is why I ask.

Aren't log cabins fun?

Melanie said...

I love the blocks. You might convert me over to purple yet. I like the idea of a shelf topper, or maybe a mantle topper....
Melanie

Juliann in WA said...

your blocks are wonderful - I just love log cabin blocks

quiltpixie said...

the log cabin is turning out wonderfully.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I can't wait to see more of the shelf topper! I love the way it looks already!

Fiona said...

Those colours are lovely, I'm intrigued by what the different borders will look like.

Finn said...

Hi Tazzie, fun meme..*VBS* SO glad you jumoed in..*VBS*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails