Friday, August 11, 2006

Dolphin Close Up

This is just a quick photo for Mary, she wondered about how the dolphin was quilted. I hope this picture is a little clearer for you, once again, it was taken with my phone, so the quality will be anyones guess.

The main body of the quilt was machine quilted, and the dolphin (thank you to everyone for suggestions) was hand quilted in sort of movement lines. It's not heavily quilted, but I'm just very glad it looks okay. It was quilting the dolphin that kept this project in the UFO pile ... I'm sure of it!

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

The quilting really works. I like that you hand quilted it although the rest of the quilt was machine quilted and your *movement* lines were a wonderful idea. Great job.

Quilts And Pieces said...

The quilting is PERFECT! I love what you ended up doing! I love the way the dolphin looks!

The Calico Cat said...

nice! (Hey the photo aint bad either!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails