Sunday, August 20, 2006

Looks a bit better!

Here's the stash trolley after a few days of scrap cutting. It looks better than before, doesn't it? I found things in the I'd forgotten all about, and some things that were probably repressed memories!

I'm not sure that I can cross the 'empty one basket' goal off my list at this stage, technically I haven't emptied a basket, I've probably cut the equivalent of a basket, but it's okay. It's not about putting a line through some words, it's about making a commitment to getting some stuff done, and I feel great about that!

I've put orpan blocks in the bottom tray. On the top you can see a Remembrance block. I participated in an exchange in 97-98, and ohhhh my, some of the blocks I received! Some were just lovely ... some were horror stories. My favourite part of that exchange was that I 'met' my wonderful friend Linda for the first time!

In the same pile of blocks are also some applique blocks from an applique class I attended. Two are finished, and one is somewhat finished. It still has tiny pins in it. Maybe I'll finish it someday and make it into a gift for someone. I think the applique blocks may be from the same era as the Remembrance blocks.

I found a few fabrics that I'm not certain were 100% cotton, so I hurled them directly into the trash. I remember Bonnie talking about having no guilt with that one. I also found a crazy quilt block I tried the year before last, I wasn't sure where I'd put it. I didn't do very well with the decorative stitching, so I put it aside to have a 'think about it'.

My ultimate goal is to empty this trolley so I can give it to one of the kids for their toys. I know now that it's just going to take some commitment to cutting and organising. Now I should look at the scary giant fabric tubs ... *shiver*

11 comments:

quiltpixie said...

congrats on sticking with and making gains. As you say that's much more important than crossing some words off your goal list...

Nancy said...

Looking at the before and after pictures I'd say you probably emptied out more than one basket. It's looking good!

ForestJane said...

You COULD just stick a FedEx label on that tub and send it to me, overnight... lol

Voila, problem solved!

*giggles*

Susan said...

Are you sure you won't need this trolley for things in the big bins? =) Looks like a lot of progress! I love the X and O below, too. Is Little Quilts of Love for Premies?

The last time I tried cutting a bunch of scraps into squares, I wound up with so many squares I still haven't used them all! It's been almost 4 years. =)

Melanie said...

The cart looks alot different thana few days ago....It's a good feeling when I realized I was hanging on to things I'd never use---and got rid of them... The guys are waiting for me to hit the road...talk to you next week.

Melanie

Eileen said...

You might want to think twice about giving the cart away. You'll have to buy a new one when the need arises again. lol
You've made great progress, give yourself a hug.

Darlene said...

Oh, I be keeping that cart if I were you. It's perfect! I'd love to have one but I see someone has already claimed it. LOL

Linda C said...

what do they say---each journey starts with one small step. Those steps look headed in the right direction for getting the stash under control and in usable bits.

Cher said...

great progress made! you are switching all your cut up scraps into new bins right? so much more useful in the long run!

Jenni said...

You're doing well - you can do it.

Bonnie said...

Getting organized always feels good, doesn't it? Your trolley looks nice and neat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails