Friday, August 18, 2006

Miniature Block Taking Shape

Here is my progress on the miniature block. It's starting to resemble something now :-)

I got one flower and a couple of leaves sewn on at quilt group yesterday, and not much more. That's not a lot of progress for 3.5 hours of quilt group, but we have such fun talking and laughing that I wouldn't mind if I never did anything there!

After the kids were in bed last night I did a little more, hopefully I'll finish this block today. Just a few more leaves, which are already cut out, then I'll press it and trim it back to the 4.5" that it needs to be.

I always find that after I've been working on a miniature, when I get back to regular piecing, it feels like I'm working with bed sheet size pieces. I felt that way after I'd worked on the DJ for such a long time too.

That's it from me, have a great day everyone!

16 comments:

quiltpixie said...

love how the leaves have some lines in them...

Linda C said...

so cute and petite!

ForestJane said...

Wow, looking very, very nice!

I've never had much success with applique, probably a combination of lack of practice and bifocals... :)

Cher said...

just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

The block is coming along nicely - I just love the hot pink and lime green together :-)

Cynthia said...

Your block is very pretty. Love the colors.

Hanne said...

Cute block you have in the making. What is your favourite applique method for minitures ? Needle turn ?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful block. I love that green fabric.

Gail said...

The block is beautiful, and isn't applique such a satisfying thing to do?

Anonymous said...

so tiny, and so lovely!

Susan said...

It's a beautiful block, and I love the brightness of the colors - they aren't loud, just cheerful!

Fiona said...

What a lovely block, you must have really good eyesight!

Laurie Ann said...

Very nice! I like it!

Eileen said...

I have that same block in about 14 inches. I made it into a pillow. I'll have to remember to take a photo this weekend.
I like your colors.

Darlene said...

Oh, Tazzie I can't wait to see your progress with this block and more! It's beautiful!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Tazzie, that miniature applique block is adorable! You do the absolute most wonderful work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails