Sunday, August 27, 2006

Off the UFO List

It's finished! After two years sitting around, it's finally off the UFO list. I put the last quilting stitches in at around 11.30 last night, I was really ready to be finished too, I just wanted to go to bed.

In all honesty, this has not been an unfinished quilt top for nearly two years. I only pieced it earlier this year, but it has been sitting in my box of unfinished Thimbleberries club projects since October 2004, and because most of my T/B club buddies worked on their projects right there and then, it was the same as a UFO for me, because it just played on my mind in the most terrible way. I was the one who went along to club and chattered and enjoyed everyones company, and got very little done! I think I still have 5 of the 12 projects to do from that year, and that doesn't even include the quilt to be made with the bonus blocks from the year. I won't beat myself up over the UFO's however, and I'll plug away at them as I get the chance.

The picture shows the hand quilting I did yesterday. I've done between the pumpkins (like they wanted us to in the directions), and I've outlined the pumpkins, and cross hatched in the checkerboard section. I think I mentioned yesterday that I was using a black perle cotton for the quilting. It's been a while since I've quilted with such a thick thread, it was fun! Apologies for the quality of the picture once again, I'm still working with the camera phone, and there is also a shaft of morning sun racing across the quilt. Gotta love that morning sun!

14 comments:

Melzie said...

Looks very nice you did a great job :) xoxo melzie

quiltpixie said...

yup, beating yourself up wont help -- celebrate what you have done!

Gail said...

Looks very well done, I wish my stitches looked that good.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh you are all ready for fall - which for you is a ways off! But isn't it wonderful to finish something that has been sitting around in whatever state!!!

Darlene said...

Very cute! You are so talented - I'm in constant awe of you!

Susan said...

That was quick! I like the quilting you added by hand.

ForestJane said...

I had to look close to see if the checker board was printed fabric or separate chunks with seams between... :)

It turned out nice. Did you say how big it is?

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Quilting with that perle cotton really enhanced the entire design. It looks great!!! I see that you have finished almost everything on your August goals list!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Melanie said...

I love the black thread. Really makes the quilt stiches stand out...I'm not that brave...yet.

Melanie

Unknown said...

The dark stitching lines are a good addition. Nice job. A finished project is something to celebrate!

Eileen said...

The picture is fine, and I love the quilt. Okay, you're heading toward summer, right? So you can put it away for a few months until your autumn season. I get so confused with the 2 hemispheres....lol

Carolyn said...

Your quilting stitches look so even and wonderful...great job! Congratulations on another finished project!

Carolyn

Kim West said...

great job getting a ufo marked off your list!!

Shelina said...

I like the black perle cotton on the white squares. Hand quilting always adds a special touch to quilts, and one of these days I am going to do it. This is a great project. Congratulations on finishing a quilt, and for reducing your UFO list.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails