Saturday, August 12, 2006

Link the Double Irish Chain

Here is a picture of my progress with the Double Irish Chain blocks. I've only made three alternate blocks so far. Late last night I was making a couple up, and realised that I'd made them two inches too big! I had just cut the centre square at 8 inches instead of 6 inches. I was too tired to deal with it last night, so this afternoon I fixed them up and made one extra.

I'm still working with the camera phone, I'm so flaky, I keep forgetting to get hubby to charge up the batteries for the regular camera. Mind you, the phone is super easy to use, I can just put the phone next to the laptop and the computer just sucks the photos right out of the phone! Amazing technology!

This morning was an exciting (and nerve wracking) netball game, Amy's team drew 24-24 with the team that is top of the ladder currently. Amy's team is second on the ladder, but the team they drew with has only lost one game all season so far. There is only one more game in the minor round before they have to face this team again in the first of the finals. Should make for a very exciting finals series! Go Tango!

I'm still strong on my fabric diet, but I do miss buying that special piece. Hope you're all having a great weekend so far. x o x

14 comments:

Cher said...

I like how your quilt is coming together- that is such an easy mistake to make! being too tired will certainly create creative problems to be solved.

Judith said...

This will be lovely when finished.

Hanne said...

This will be a good looking quilt. I am still strong on the fabric diet too - we can do it :-)

Melanie said...

What a classic quilt.. I love it..I think sports are great for kids. Keeps them too tired to get into trouble. A lot better than TV. Have a good weekend. I'm going to knock out the chores, grocery shop...and quilt....
take care--
Melanie

Joyce said...

I love your double Irish Chain. I just finished piecing one and after the binding was on and it was marked I found a mistake. One middle row on the colored blocks had the white square in the middle instead of at each end. Well, it will have to stay. I am not picking apart a whole quilt for that! I will call it my Amish mistake. One of many!

Gail said...

The Irish chain is one of my favorites, I enjoy seeing it made up in so many different fabrics and colors. Yours is going to be terrific.

Juliann in WA said...

this irish chain is really turning out lovely - I made one of these many years ago but it was only two colors. I like the colors you have chosen - thanks for taking the time to snap those pics

just jenn said...

Your Irish Chain is turning out great! Can't wait to finish seeing the progress and all. :)

Finn said...

Hi Tazzie, the double Irish Chain is looking wonderful. I really love your colors. I plan on doing one of them some of these days..*VBS*

Good job on resisting temptation!! Hugs, Finn

Fiona said...

I do like the Irish Chain ... and I'm soooo glad I'm not dieting!

Cynthia said...

Your double irish chain blocks are coming along nicely.

Hope your daughter does well with her netball.

Passionate Quilter said...

coming along pretty good! sometimes the simplest quilts are the nicest.

Quilts And Pieces said...

It is coming along wonderfully! I"m loving your triple irish chain, sure keep tempting me to start another new project!

Elaine Adair said...

Oh, your Irish Chain is going to be delicious - colors are wonderful. right now I am working on something that looks similar -- you'll see in a few days if you click into my new BLOG
www.elaineadairpieces.blogspot.com

Elaine Adair

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails