Yesterday I wanted to get as much done on the log cabin topper thingy as possible, so I got out my measurements and decided what I could do. I found that the finished measurement I needed was 26" x 74", and given I've made 12 x 12" blocks, I didn't really need to add a whole lot more for borders.
To keep in with the 1.5" logs, I decided to add a 1.5" strip through the middle of the blocks, and a 1.5" border at each end. It's unconventional I know, but I think it looks okay. I thought it would look stranger to add a 1" border on each side, so maybe I'm taking my first steps toward breaking free?? I couldn't get the whole thing in the picture, the border at the other end is a blue print.
As you can see, I've quilted it really simply with a large meander. I used a really cute variegated thread I purchased while in the US, I had just enough left after quilting the project for the magazine. I've bound the quilt with scrap 2" strips too. I love how it looks so scrappy. The binding just needs to be stitched down on the other side.
Linda J wondered about the scraps ... the bags of scraps are all leftovers from when Cheryl made up the Thimbleberries club projects for the shop over the years. I've been a club member since the shop opened, so it's fun to go through the scraps and remember which projects went with which fabrics!
Well, I'm now going to have my second attempt at showering. This morning when I was getting the water going, the tap flew off! I had to use all my early morning brain power to get the tap back on and shut off. Ewww ... I feel grimy ...