Monday, August 07, 2006

Dolphin Done :-)

Last night while watching the F1GP, I finished the last few quilting stitches on the dolphin quilt! Woohoo! I'm noticing now that the picture is downloaded that I must not have had the flash on when I took the picture. We're relying on the morning light in the lounge room, and there's clearly not much! I hope you can see the quilting on the dolphin. Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and suggestions. I think my indecision about the quilting was what held me back for so many years. Amy will be thrilled to come home from school and find her quilt finished!

Yesterday I took Amy and her bestie to the Plaster Fun House again. It wasn't so busy as it was in the school holidays which was nice. Rather than just sit around, I decided to participate once again, and made a C for Cameron in Camo colours. I thought it would be nice to put on his bedroom door. Hopefully I can secure it well enough that it won't shatter if he slams it! Amy and her friend both made butterflies. Very cute.

I was discussing with Hubby this morning the 'Fabric Diet' so many of us are participating in. I saw a small grin on his face and asked him if he didn't think I could do it ... and he told me ... I really don't think you can! He said it would be like him going a month without buying airplane parts ... it just wouldn't happen! So now I have the extra challenge of proving Marty wrong ... he won't have seen anything like it ... determination of steel!!

13 comments:

ForestJane said...

That looks really nice. :) Is it meant to go on a wall or bed?

quiltpixie said...

Dh will owe you big time when Sept 1 comes :-)

Tonya Ricucci said...

Looks great - hurrah for having fun and working on it. Playing with plaster looks fun too!

Hanne said...

Congratulations on the finished Dolphin Quilt. I need to get DD1's quilt done this week.
I think you can do the fabric diet if you put your mind to it :-)

Melanie said...

I really like the quilt. The quilting really brought it to life. Sometimes it takes a husband's challenge to give me the fortitude, but honestly, who knows us better?!?!?
Melanie

Nancy said...

The dolphin quilt is lovely. I've thought about doing something similar with a large cat applique.

I'm thnking Marty just assured you won't make any fabric purchases if for no other reason than to make him eat crow. LOL!

The Calico Cat said...

LOVE the dolphin! Congrats on the finish... That extra with the hubby would be just what I needed... Luckily mine does not have a "buy stuff" hobby...

My grand was a model airplane guy - if only my grandmother knew how much he spent....

Fiona said...

The dolphin quilt is really pretty, I'll bet Amy is thrilled.

Melzie said...

that quilt turned out beautiful :) I love it! And too funny about your hubby yay you can definitely do it now LOL xoxo melzie

Mary Johnson said...

The quilting looks good from what I can see in the picture.

I'm curious how you quilted the dolphin - I can see some of the quilting lines but not enough to see how it's done.

Linda C said...

Amy must be thrilled that is finished--well done!

And your husband---that's almost like he dared you to do it and you determined to prove it.

Anonymous said...

that quilt is spectacular- what great colors, and that dolphin, wow!

Karrel said...

That quilt is beautiful - great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails