Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Some more DJ's

Two more new blocks for you to see. These were fun to make. The first is A5 - Cathie's Campfire, and the second, I3 - Family Album.

I foundation pieced A5 in three sections, I just wanted to get those really crisp points, so thought it would be the way to go. I3 was a super easy one to machine piece, just cut it out and go!

For something new, I made myself a set of goals for this month and put them here in the blog. I think I may have set the bar a little low with regard to the DJ blocks - I have only said to complete at least 5. I've done that already, so I've achieved my target for this month. Next month, I'll make myself a better goal. I do have to remember tho ... I'm inspired to make the blocks right now, wasn't so long ago that my DJ was the last thing I wanted to pick up!

My wonderful quilting friend Jenny came over for lunch yesterday. It was great to see her, and she brought over some show and tell ... she has been working on a Double Irish Chain quilt, ala Bonnie Hunter. OMG, it was lovely, and I can't wait to get working on mine. I have all the pieces cut out, I just need to go for it!

Teaching day at the quilt store today, keep your fingers crossed for me girls ... my bag must not be heavier on the way out ... :-)

11 comments:

Melanie said...

Have fun teaching---Remember how much fabric you have at home...I'm going to fold stash fabrics as you're reading this...
Be good
Melanie

Linda C said...

how cute! I love those 30's fabrics. Actually I gave some to a friend to use on her round robin obligation and today she had more stuck in the bag to send home with me---who got the better end of that deal?

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your DJ blocks continue to be wonderful! If only I had the patience for paper piecing! No wait - I have enough projects going on!

Hanne said...

Your DJ blocks are lovely, and it is good to have company.
I did not make any DJ blocks yesterday, but I did make a dent on the machine quilting on DD1's quilt, which is good too.
You can do the No Fabric - you can, you can - I am cheering you on !

Susan said...

When I was little, my mother always made me quit things I enjoyed before I got to the bored point. That way, I always wanted to go back to them. Maybe if you just do a few DJ blocks each month, and don't allow yourself to do any extras, the project will feel fresh each month when you come to it.

Gail said...

Good luck to you, remember "I don't need more, I don't need more...."

Vicky said...

Your blocks are beautiful. My Jane is stored away. It wasn't fun any more, so it'll be there for another time when I'm ready for it.

Good luck at the quilt shop today. You can always invoke my 'three touch' rule. Except on the third time looking at something, stick your hands in your pockets; that way you don't be tempted to touch it!

((HUGS))

The Calico Cat said...

I really like I3 - (no new UFO's....)

Judith said...

Some more beautyfull blocks for your DJ. I was on quiltingretreat in april and two girls next to me were working on a DJ too and both looked so beautyfull, but they do it all by hand and I am not that good in sewing by hand.

Finn said...

The 2 new DJ blocks look great Tazzie!! I love that you are making them using the Aunt Gracies type fabrics...they really work up nicely!

And in the for what it's worth dept...your goals for August look fine to me. That's alot to accomplish while life keeps happening...*VBS*

Fiona said...

Great blocks and I love the fabric choice too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails