Sunday, August 13, 2006

Family Room Finished

On Thursday I was able to finish painting the family room, I ended up doing it without help, as my BIL wasn't able to make it in the end. I just love painting, and have been known to paint a room again and again just because I want a change of scenery (This is the second time I've painted the family room *blush*).

The picture I have included today is the window out to the patio, which is to the right of the cabinet on the wall which I included in an earlier picture. The inside of the window frames was something I had to paint on Thursday, as well as behind the TV cabinet. I don't know why I did it, but I left the trickiest things until last. I had to take all the curtains down and stuff ... You may have noticed that I have an addiction to collecting blue and white Spode plates. The ones in this picture are from their Christmas collection, they're not just out at Christmas in my house :-) Ohh, and the plate on the far right is actually a clock!

Yesterday I was able to make seven more alternate blocks for my Double Irish Chain quilt. That's enough to fill all the gaps in the picture from yesterday. I'm not sure what size to make the quilt. I think I have enough scraps to carpet my whole house with this quilt! I may be limited by the fabric that goes in the alternate blocks. I don't think there is any more at the quilt store. It was a Thimbleberries Club background from 2005. It's super cute! Thinking of Thimbleberries Club ... I still have to quilt the Sunrise quilt from last year ... I think that may become a September goal ...

6 comments:

quiltpixie said...

it'll be interesting to see what size quilt you end up with. Maybe its a good thing you're limited by something? :-)

just jenn said...

If end up with a big enough quilt for your bed and all you could also make pillow cases with a version of the irish chain on them so that they would then match. :)

ForestJane said...

I like Irish chain patterns - are you thinking of quilting something irish themed on the top? interlocking shamrocks, maybe?

Melanie said...

I have blue willow plates hanging in my dining room--- Way too many coincidences!!!
Melanie

Joyce said...

I love your Double Irish Chain. I am about to quilt mine but I can't decide what to put on the border so it sits while I mull over that decision.

Susan said...

A painted room is a clean room. =)

I like the way the Irish Chain is going. Could you mix in another fabric in the alternate blocks? Something that looks similar and makes it a little scrappier still?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails