Saturday, September 30, 2006

Fabric Treat

Yesterday I received a call from Cheryl at the quilt store to let me know that the fabric I helped her choose had come in! We all know that I'm a sucker for a reproduction fabric, so I raced down there the first moment I could.

I have designed a quilt based on a parquetry floor I saw at the Winchester Mystery House, and I thought it would look great made up with these fabrics. I was so hoping the fabric would come in soon, as I had planned to go Peach's fabric diet again next month. So, luckily for me, I was able to get some to work with. I may have to break the diet once if the magazine gets back to me regarding commissioning the quilt. I want to make one for the store, and one for the magazine, and I don't think I'll have quite enough fabric for both.

I did some more hand quilting on the tiny quilt last night, I love the way it's coming up. I have a lovely tidy house, so today I'm going to get busy on my sewing machine! Super fun!

14 comments:

Silverthimble said...

Beautiful fabric choices. I would have weakened too!

ForestJane said...

I'll take some of those fabrics too... :) I like the two on the right, I think. I've been trying to collect some beiges and tans and creams myself for backgrounds. Can't wait to see your design!

Darlene said...

Very, very pretty fabrics. Blue is my favorite color so I'm really drawn to them. :-)

Jenni said...

Love them. As you know I can't resist a reproduction fabric either.

Hedgehog said...

Those repros are just beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Hanne said...

Lovely fabrics. I am looking forward to see what you will make with them.

Gail said...

ooooh, nice repros! But please, tell me one doesn't a tidy house before one can quilt-I get little enought quilting time! LOL

Cynthia said...

very pretty prints. Look forward to seeing the progress on the quilt.

Unknown said...

Great group of fabrics. Very inspiring.

Darcie said...

Can't wait to see what you've designed for these fabrics. They're lovely! I'm really fond of that printed stripe.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love that fabric! I don't think I"ve seen that around here. It is wonderful! Now I'm going to to want to make it once I see it in the mag! :)

Shelina said...

These are great pieces of fabric, and they go so well together. The parquetry is intriguing me, so I can't wait to see how this one turns out.
I think you can join the fabric diet, and allow an exception for the commission. That's business, and technically you are buying fabric only to complete a quilt.

Finn said...

Hi Tazzie, I think you did wonderfully on your goals...*VBS* You've finished more than you left..and that a good sign, and the 9 block applique WAS a pretty big project.
Love the fabrics you selected..I bet it will be a great quilt. Hugs, Finn

Clare said...

Was busy writing this on Saturday and the computer went ping! and cut out (sigh).

Love those fabrics and love the parquet design.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails