Sunday, September 24, 2006

Couldn't wait!

I just couldn't wait one moment longer to share the top of the mini quilt with you. Please forgive the quality of the picture. Maybe I should have opened the blinds to eliminate the striated effect?? *s*

I've just washed the quilt, so I've laid it out to dry in the lounge. I normally wouldn't wash the entire quilt at this stage, but when I spritzed the blue washout marker away last night, a little section of the pink bled. Don't you hate it when that happens? Even after testing a snippet of the fabric! Anyway, all is now well, and when the quilt has dried off I'll give it a good press.

I finished the scallop border section last night, at 1o minutes to midnight. I just couldn't go to bed knowing that the top was so close to being finished. I'm really pleased with the way it looks, and thank you for helping me with the colour placement. I had originally thought to use the green as the sashing strips, and the pink for the outer border, but I feel like this way looks better ... good thinking girls!

When I have one, I'll share a better picture. *happy dancing*

21 comments:

MARCIE said...

Diagonal stripes certainly add an unexpected element. Just kidding. I love the scalloped border! So glad the pink bleed came out. How awful to have that happen. The quilt is beautiful. I love the previous minis, etc. Log cabins are great and you used them in clever ways.

quiltpixie said...

the scallop border really adds to the already very cute quilt :-) And I think the pink and green worked out well -- the green has enough variation in it to not overpower the delicate middle... Glad you were able to capture all the dye.

Cher said...

this turned out fantastic! it's just too sweet...you are a very clever quilter.
so happy to hear you got that bleeding red/pink out!

Hedgehog said...

Yippee!! Congrats, Tazzie! I love the scalloped border.

Silverthimble said...

Your quilt is looking fabulous! I love that scalloped border!

Darlene said...

What a beautiful quilt - I was so surprised to see the scalloped border but I love it. Stunning, simply stunning!

Judith said...

What a beauty of a quilt. I really love it.

Hanne said...

Your quilt topp looks beautiful Tazzie :-)
You must be looking forward to the finished quilt. The colour placements are perfect.

Jenni said...

It looks fabulous Tazzie - well done! I'm not surprised you are doing the happy dance.

May Britt said...

The quilt got wonderful. Using the pink as sashing was correct. And the green border completes it. Makin a scallop border is beautiful. Do you have a template for that or do you just draw it yourself.

Fiona said...

What a little beauty - you are so clever. The scalloped border is perfect.

Melanie said...

I love it. The scapped border really sets it off.

Tonya Ricucci said...

stunning work, Tazzie!

KC Quilter said...

Oh, wow, that is turning out beautifully! Did you tell us the size?

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

It looks like the scalloped border is a hit - I came on to say how nice it was too but I see that lots have said it before me. It is just perfect.

Linda C said...

Happy Dancing for you, Tazzie--it looks wonderful in spite of the picture quality.

Juliann in WA said...

this is really lovely - nice work and thanks for sharing
Juliann

Joyce said...

Just love the scalloped border. It's gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tazzie - that is absolutely gorgeous! I'd be "ecstatic dancing" if I produced something like that. Great job and definitely worthy of a ribbon. I am so enjoying reading about your miniatures, what a talent you have and you're a great source of inspiration.

Patti said...

Absolutely beautiful Tazzie! What are the finished dimensions? I can't imagine how tiny the appliqué pieces must be.

just jenn said...

That turned out absolutely wonderful. The border is great looking. You did a wonderful job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails