Monday, September 25, 2006

A better picture

Here is the better picture I promised. I won't type up a whole lot today as I've hurt my neck and left shoulder. I'm not entirely sure what I've done, but I know whatever I did woke me up from a deep sleep last night. Ouch!

The picture above is after the quilt has been pressed and the batt and backing fabric are in place, if you look carefully, you will also see the marking lines for the quilting.

Last night I put the first few quilting stitches in before I went to bed. Today I was thinking I would go to the quilt store and get a backing and batt for the 'Sunrise' quilt which needs to be quilted, it's on my list of goals. However, I don't think I'm going to be heading too far from home. Lucky for me it is hubby's day off today and he was able to drop the kids off this morning.

I have a number of questions from people I need to catch up on, so please bear with me, and I hope I can get to them tomorrow. x o x

13 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is LOVELY! And TINY! I am so happy that you were able to fix the bleeding pink.

Take it easy and feel better soon.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Jenni said...

What a nuisance to hurt yourself just when you want to get into the quilting! Hope you feel better soon

Finn said...

Oh Tazzie, it looks just beautiful!! It really is a prize winner I think!!

I feel so bad though, about your neck and shoulder. You must have sat too long in one position or another. Maybe some heat on it??
Hard to be at this exciting part and then be in pain. Hope it gets better soon. Hugs, Finn

Darlene said...

Beautiful. I hope you did hurt your neck and shoulder while working on this beauty. Rest it and feel better soon.

Melanie said...

Take it easy. Maybe it's just a strained muscle.Those husbands come in handy every once in a while. Enjoy some TLC.

Melanie

Melzie said...

Tazzie is beautiful :) You did an awesome job. I hope with some R&R your neck/shoulder feels better, I bet your just slept funny. ((hugs)) melzie

Anonymous said...

NICE! Love the scalloped border.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Tazzy - it is gorgeous! and I LOVE the scalloped white border on the green. That is very effective. Take care of your neck/shoulder.

Nancy said...

Beautiful quilt! The pink as sashing and the green as border are perfect. And I love that scalloped inner border. I never would have thought to do something like that.

Anonymous said...

Hope your shoulder gets well soon - not nice. The mini quilt is just gorgeous - I love the bright greens and the border. You've got great staying power appliqueing such tiny pieces over and over again :-)

ForestJane said...

Wow, it's lovely, especially all the shading in the greens. :)

Anonymous said...

lovely and wonderful! hope your neck feels better ASAP!

Unknown said...

I'm trying to catch up. This applique mini is gorgeous! Is the green fabric a batik? Is it the same fabric in all the leaves? Super duper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails