Friday, September 29, 2006

Found treasure!

Yesterday afternoon I was working on my current Flylady mission. That is to spend 15 minutes each day clearing paper clutter. It's amazing to me how much it can build up ... I've found utilities accounts from our previous home filed away! But I digress ... I was working thru a basket of odds and ends under the desk, and I found some treasure!

At the top is a beanie knitted from black feathers yarn, and all it needs is to be sewed together, and below is one I've started in purple feathers, and clearly left off at some point ... and forgotten! I'm going to put these two out in plain view so I can finish them off ... just in time for summer! *lol* I don't clearly remember, but I think I may have started the hats about two years (or a little more) ago.

Also in the picture, you can see a few things piling up in the corners of my cutting table. I'm going to add 'clear the cutting table' on my list of things to do today. I always set myself goals to achieve ... or I'd just quilt all day long ... hmmm ... that sounds like fun!

I was able to finish off the binding last night for the Sunrise quilt, I stitched away and tapped my toes while watching a DVD of Saturday Night Fever ... my retro fix for the week! I'm always dissatisfied with how the movie ends though ...

Better run, Cameron sounds a little whiny ... have a great day everyone!

6 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I like the idea of working 15 minutes a day on paper clutter. I've got to go through and shred a bunch of old paperwork before we move and I keep putting it off.

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched Sat Night Fever in forever! NOW...you'll have me singing "Night Fever" all day..thanx!

The sunrise quilt is really pretty. Thanks for sharing. I love the colors

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh fun finding some treasures! Don't even mention the clutter on my cutting table!

Shelina said...

I've done that too - make myself a list of things I was planning on doing today. That was Monday, and I am still working on the same list LOL. I have spent more than an hour a day on the paper, and it still doesn't look like it is making a dent in the pile. But the trash can is filling up, so I must be making progress.

Jenni said...

I like reading the flylady mail too. I am a SHE who lives in CHAOS.

Cher said...

good idea to leave those out in view to work on! good for you to put in your 15 minutes a day working on some clutter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails