Monday, September 18, 2006

One row sashed ...

Thank you everyone for your help deciding which colour to use for the sashing. In my mind I had thought I'd use the green, but when I put the two together for the picture I wasn't sure. The consensus was definitely pink, so that's the way I've gone.

I really liked the suggestions of piecing a sashing also, but there is only one reason I didn't go for that. The sashing strips are only 1/4" wide finished, and playing with such tiny pieces would have done my head in! I didn't mention the size in my post yesterday, which I really should have done.

I'm glad you all swayed me toward the pink, as I really like the way it looks. I completed one more block last night, and I'm so looking forward to making up two more so I can put the next row on. The finished diameter of this quilt must not exceed 80", so as my quilt is going to be square, it must not exceed 20" square.

So, thank you all once again for your suggestions. You've all really come thru for me, I'm just super happy with the result!

No pounds lost for me this past week (too much eating out), but I still get to make some blocks *yay* I didn't get an opportunity to make my blocks from last week, so I'm looking forward to making them.

Also, I forgot to mention yesterday that I saw the Thimbleberries club projects for next year, and I really like them. I'm so flaky, I can't remember so much about it, but there are two colourways, and the one I like best is called 'Light and Bright'. The fabrics are just lovely. This year Cheryl received 5" swatches with the paperwork, so it was nice to be able to see the fabrics for real. Now, I think this is right, there is a main project, and 4 additional projects. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong, but the shop was super busy, and I was diverted chatting there. I'm going to participate in some way for sure ... whether it's as a student or a teacher I don't mind :-) If Thimbleberries is your thing, I'm sure you'll love it, so check it out!

12 comments:

Joyce said...

The pink looks great. I can't wait to see it finished.

Mary Johnson said...

Yep, definitely the pink - and 80 inches total - it is small!

Darlene said...

This is a sweet quilt - the pink is perfect.

Anonymous said...

I'm chiming in late to say- the pink looks GREAT!

Hedgehog said...

You had mentioned the size in an earlier post, but I just couldn't get my head around how small it is! They look beautiful with the pink.

quiltpixie said...

the pink is the right choise. Looks great!

Hanne said...

The blocks looks good with pink :-)

I have reached my weight goal - now to the biggest challenge of all - keeping in like that :-)
You did not gain. That is good too !

Anonymous said...

The blocks look great with the pink. Hope you're having a great day.

Eileen said...

I'm glad you chose the pink, it sets the blocks off nicely.
I'm a sometimes fan of T'berries. Where can I find the new club stuff?

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I forgot this was a mini quilt! OK, yes, the pink is wonderful then! I was thinking the blocks were bigger. Duhh.

I don't know how you can make those - they are so tiny!

Judith said...

The sashings look wonderfull. I like the pink a lot.\

Shelina said...

I think either color would have looked fabulous. The pink is a good choice. This just looks so very pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails