Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Top almost done!

I weighed in this morning, because I forgot to yesterday morning. I'm up 200g! I think that's around half a pound. Does that mean I have to rip apart two of my blue and cream blocks?? *lol* I don't think I'll be doing that, but I'll be taking the WW points more seriously this week. I haven't been that good, I'll be the first to admit it.

Here's a picture of where I got to yesterday with the Winnie the Pooh quilt. You can see where I'm heading with the borders now. I actually ran out of the navy fabric. I'm not sure if I have any more in the stash boxes, so I'll have a look for it this morning, if not, I'll get some at the quilt store tomorrow. No guilt about that now we're off the fabric diet.

I didn't really pay much attention to the dimensions of this quilt before I started working on it again, and it's actually quite large. Well, it's long actually. It's going to finish up over 100 inches long, and I can't remember how wide. It's going to be a challenge to quilt on the domestic machine, but I'm looking forward to it.

Thinking about the fabric diet, I have been getting some great hints from you all, I really like the sound of the Stashbusters philosophy ... that the three B's are legal buys ... Backing, Borders and Batting. I think that's a fabulous idea. I don't have a lot of big yardage that can be used for borders and backs. I'm always happy to piece backs like our good friend Bonnie Hunter, but borders are another issue for me.

Now I just wouldn't be Aussie if I didn't mention how sad I am about the passing of Steve Irwin. He was a man who lived life to the full, was a wonderful ambassador for Australia, and for all wildlife. I feel so much compassion for his very young children, and for his wife, that incredible and enthusiastic man was their world. Australia will miss him terribly.

13 comments:

Marlublu said...

I really like your quilt and I'm sorry about Steve Irwin as well. He was so full of life, and made me want to go hunt some big animal every time I heard him on TV. He will be missed by so many people.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

The legal B's also include backgrounds, but sadly - not bargains! LOL.

Great progress on the Pooh quilt!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Wow Tazzie! Love your colors!

Anonymous said...

Those borders are looking great - when I get to the border part of the quilt I tend to have the attitude of "just get it done" and usually opt for plain mitred borders. Good for you for taking the time to do some intricate and pieced - it looks so good.

We're also sad to hear of Steve Irwin's death - when my love was younger he could not miss one of Steve's programs. I feel for Teri and those 2 very young children that are left behind.

quiltpixie said...

too bad there wont be any new blue and cream blocks this week, though I'm sure its great reinforcemnet to realize how not watching carefully leads to a probelm... and the upside is while you're up, it balances with the down from before, so your not overall up, just even :-)

Hanne said...

First - we can not have weight loss successes every week.
I am at a standstill, but have lost 3 cm around the waist ! I have not been my best with the eating but have moved a lot.
Let's do 4 blocks anyway - we do need vitamins, right ? ;-)
Smiling is good for weight loss too !

You have done great with the quilt - it is looking very good.
I bought 5,80 meters of my favourite background yesterday. It has been discontinued a long time back and it was the last of the bolt. Not excactly a B, but a purchase I will be very happy about in the future.

I am very sorry about the passing of Steve Irwin.
I enjoyed his programs very much.

Clare said...

It's looking great!

I have the same problem with the top of Blue Jean Windows - its too long for the bed and yet too short for a sofa throw. What to do? Put it away and start on something thing else. Too much time has been spent on it for me to think straight!

Very sad about Steve Irwin.

Clare x

Lucy said...

Indeed very sad about Steve Irwin. He was not only full with his live in austria . The whole world love him. In my mind I am with his wife and his two children!

Great Pooh quilt. my daughter wil love it !

Unknown said...

Looking good! The border is fabulous.

Joyce said...

We were also shocked about Steve Irwin. I suppose given a choice that is the way he would have wanted to go, but it was way too soon.
Don't worry too much aboutthe 200 grams. At least you are trying. Our recent road trip had a very bad effect on my waistline. Time to start serious exercising.

Anonymous said...

Hi, we even got news of Steve Irwin's death here in South Africa, such a shame. 200 grams is nothing, you can lose 200 grams by going to the bathroom. Try weighing in once a week at the same time, in the morning is best, for a more accurate assessment of how the weight loss is going.

tami said...

It was very sad about Steve Irwin. He was so dedicated to his work and love of animals.
The Pooh quilt is coming out good. You are so good to do those intricate borders. Maybe Cameron can have a Pooh to go with his Buzz Lightyear. :cD

Finn said...

Hi Tazzie, my condolances on the passing of such a great hero in Australia. He will be missed by many, and certainly way too young to meet death, no matter the cause.

The quilt is looking wonderful. I'm sure it will be a challenge to quilt, but I love your "I'm up to it" words!! Great to hear!! Hugs, Finn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails