Sunday, September 17, 2006

Decisions decisions ...

Good morning everyone, or good afternoon or evening :-), I hope you're having a great weekend! We're having lovely weather, just perfect for being outside, so shortly I'm going to head out into the garden and do some planting.

But before I do that, I have a decision to make, and I could use some help. I just can't decide which fabric to use as the sashing between my mini blocks. I'd like to put on some sashing strips this evening. I was first of all thinking that I would use the green, but now I think the pink may look prettier. Which one would you use? The final border will use a little of the pink, but will be mainly the background fabric. I look forward to hearing what you think.

I have completed three blocks, done half of a fourth. All the circular wreaths are done, and most of the pieces are now cut out. It's still a lot of work to do, but I'm getting through it. I didn't think so at the time, but I didn't realise when I set my goals for this month, I'd set the bar really high! I hope I can get through them!

This picture is for Donna ... Linda's friend from CA, and now also my friend after my visit this year to the US. Linda, Donna, Karen, Liz, Gerri and I had the best time in Paducah, and I can't wait to return to see them all again. Donna requested in an email to see a picture of Cameron as I'd put one of Amy here a few days ago. This picture of Cameron was taken of Friday night. He and Marty had just finished putting together this go-kart (it's actually more of a soap box thing as it has no motor). An uncle won it ages ago and it's just never gotten assembled, and let me tell you, Cam loves this thing!

18 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I think the pink highlights the pink flowers the best... just my opinion.

Love the soapbox car, but I won't show the photo to my Little Boy or else he will be clamoring for one of his own!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Joyce said...

I think I like the pink too but you might want to use green on the borders. Both are beautiful fabrics.

tami said...

I like the pink best. I think it accents the block better.

Finn said...

I'm sure I'm no help at all, and maybe I'm even on the wrong date for this comment...LOL. Today has rather been "like that"..*S*

Fabric choice for lattice...I think I'd use both..like a checkboard..or even just alternate squares, quite small to keep in balance with the size of the blocks...sorry...I just love both colors sooo much. Hugs, Finn

Melzie said...

Hmm both colors look good Tazzie! I think the pink maybe would set it off nicer though.

I am about 45min. from Paducah, I wanted to go so badly this year but I didnt "know" anyone there! Maybe I can meet some bloggists there next year :)

xoxo melzie

Hedgehog said...

I'm with Finn, use both - tiny alternating squares?

Silverthimble said...

I agree with most everyone else--use the pink. Then use that beautiful green for an outer border. Both fabrics go well with your blocks.

Mary Johnson said...

My vote is for the pink too.

Tonya Ricucci said...

pink pink pink pink pink pink pink. green in the cornerstones sounds fun. but pink shows up best against the white.

May Britt said...

Why not combine both. Green and pink. One inch stripes of each together makes a 2 inch sashing between the blocks. And in the cornerstones you change the colours so the get the oposit of the sashing.

Fiona said...

It's got to be pink!

KC Quilter said...

Before I even read the others' comments, I immediately thought "pink"!!! Cam is a cutie!

Darlene said...

I immediately thought Pink, too. I agree, Cam is a cutie. Great looking "car".

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wonder what you chose. I was going for the Green but I see I"m the only one. The pink looks great, but I see the pink more as an outside border color. I think the pink pulls away the flash of the pink flowers. But hey - I'm often wrong!

Love the picture of Cameron in his new car!

Hanne said...

Pink - maybe with green corner stones ?
Your blocks are cute :-)

Nancy said...

I like the pink better for the sashing. The green doesn't really stand out against the background. The pink pops. That said, I'd probably use the green as cornerstones to tone down the pink some. :-)

Bonnie said...

Pink with green cornerstones gets my vote.

Eileen said...

I think I'd have to go with the pink. When I first looked at the picture, I thought the pink and green were withing the same fabric and I thought, "How cool is that!!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails