Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sunrise is quilted!

It's quilted! Yay! I can cross another off my goals list for this month.

I really like the look of this quilt, I think it's the colours that draw me in, I love blue! My first love is reproduction fabrics, but I like the fabrics in this quilt too. The fabrics for next years Thimbleberries club are wonderful also.

At quilt group today I'm going to get a start on sewing down the binding. I doubt I'll even get one quarter the way through it, I'm too much of a chatterbox, but that's what I love about quilt group, I love to meet up with my quilty friends :-)

I have also hand quilted one block of the mini quilt. I've allowed myself a whole month to do the quilting, it shouldn't take that long, but you never know what life will toss your way. It is to be handed it at the end of the month for the competition.

Well, that's it for me, I need to get some caffeine into my system and wash the floor before I make my way out into the world :-)

12 comments:

Patti said...

Just beautiful Tazzie. I love your color selections too!

Hedgehog said...

It looks great, Tazzie! I stayed up late last night to finish a binding - boy do I need caffine this morning!

May Britt said...

Great job. The colours is beautiful. I am too going to a quilt meeting today. Every last thursday in the month my group has a meeting. About 30-40 ladies use to meet. We are over 100 members in our group. Will bring the my christmas quilt to do the handquilting on the last side.

Silverthimble said...

Well done! THis is one nice quilt!

Fiona said...

I like this one - the cheddar colour looks good with the blue.

Hanne said...

The quilt looks good. Speedy needle on the binding :-) We have our guild meeting the last Wednesday of the month, yesterday, and I did not sew a single stitch. I am a chatterbox on guild meetings as well ;-) Refill to my creative mind I prefer to think.

Judith said...

Wow that quilt looks just beautifull. I love that colors very much.
I would love to have quilt meetings of a quild too, but we don;t have any here. Well there is one, but on the wrong time and day for me. I do come together with my quilting/stitching friend almost once a month and that is great, but I never stitch or quilt than just chat.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hurrah for the (almost) finished quilt. I'm really bad about talking too much and not getting enough quilting done too.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow you quilted that fast! You had to quilt that one by machine right? And I laughed about talking too much! At my last group sewing night I didn't sew a stitch! :)

Darlene said...

Well, I keep checking back but continue to get that dreaded red X but I'm sure I'll be able to see your quilt eventually - grrr. LOL

I'm so excited that you've started handquilting the Little One - I can't wait to see it.

When I come to visit you, I know that you'll teach me how to handquilt. Yes?

Holly said...

It's beautiful, Tazzie. I like your setting very much and will have to remember that in the future. I love samplers.

Elaine Adair said...

My goodness, how pretty this is. Great job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails