Thursday, September 14, 2006

Book and Knitting

I'm still finding myself compelled to knit, even though I know I should be working on my tiny applique blocks. I did a little applique last night, but I really wanted to be working on the knitting.

Now that I've moved a few rows beyond where I cast on, the loopy wool is a little easier to work with, I've never used one quite like this before, so it's a learning experience for me. I'm not sure that I'd choose this kind of wool again. I really did like the feathery type of yarn I used the other day, so I'd go for that again for sure! We're into spring, and heading toward summer, I seem to have the knitting bug in the wrong season here, I wonder if it's because I've seen all your wonderful knitting and been inspired??

Also in the picture is a book I just purchased. I just love Maeve Binchy, and have everything she ever published (well, that I know of). Her books just speak to me, I wonder if it's because of my Irish heritage? I'll add it to the pile of 'to read someday' books. I still have yet to read the Truman Capote novella I showed you some time back, and have only read about 20 pages of Persuasion. Reading is a favourite thing, but quilting trumps it, and life seems to be getting in the way lately!

Wonderful news here, my laptop is back on the information superhighway, and I'm able to cruise through blogs once more and see the pictures! It's just mysterious, and obviously some kind of obscure setting is not quite right on the desktop. I can get my life back on schedule, I felt a little lost, as my outlook calender is something that keeps me organised, all our appts etc are in there ... I even schedule my chores *blush* Anyways, life is back to normal *yay*

8 comments:

Jenni said...

We are having a little replay of winter here after some hot days - still knitting weather. I should do some more crochet - I had it all put away in my mind til next year.

Linda C said...

Is that her newest book then? I really enjoy her writing as well. I did a book on tape on my car drive to Tennessee last month by myself--sure made the drive go much easier. If my husband is driving the same spot, I am afraid to look--hills, winding, runaway truck lanes--I'm a wreck!

quiltpixie said...

glad you've got your computer back, sounds like you really missed it. Like you loopy wool isn't my favorite, but I figure for lots of stuff its very forgiving...

Anonymous said...

I'm a list maker and I put chores on the list, it was the only way to force myself to get them done - life is much too distracting otherwise. The yarn you're using looks really interesting.

Clare said...

Glad you've got the laptop back. Are you by any chance viewing images on the desktop with IE6? If so, try Firefox.

Persevere with Persuasion, its a lovely book. My fav Jane Austin is Emma!

Mary Johnson said...

I went to the yarn shop today to buy a circular needle and bought yarn to knit 2 more hats!

I love Binchy too - with a maiden name like McLaughlin it's got to be the Irish roots. Is this a new book by her? I haven't read it yet.

Eileen said...

I love Maeve Binchey, too. My Dad was born in Cork, Ireland. She's one of my favorites.
It's always a battle for me to choose between reading and quilting. I'm reading Kathy Reichs right now.

MARCIE said...

Lots of Binchy fans, including me! That must be her newest. I know I have read all the others. I love the repeating characters, so down to earth. Wouldn't you love to all meet for lunch at Quentins?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails