Wednesday, September 06, 2006

More blue and cream blocks

Yesterday I talked about how I hadn't lost any weight (and actually gained a little) for the week. I had resigned myself to the fact that there wouldn't be any blue and cream blocks made this week, and then I saw Hanne's message ...

Hanne said... First - we can not have weight loss successes every week. I am at a standstill, but have lost 3 cm around the waist ! I have not been my best with the eating but have moved a lot. Let's do 4 blocks anyway - we do need vitamins, right ? ;-) Smiling is good for weight loss too !







Well, let me tell you that I needed no more encouragement! I made my four blocks, so I now have a total of 10. I really don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to make these as 'diet' blocks, I'm loving them so much I really want to keep going and making more ... but I won't ... at least not for this month!

So, those blocks took me a total of half an hour ... what else did I do yesterday ... not much! I did the grocery shopping ... made dinner, and not much more at all. I can't explain it, but I just wasn't in the mood to do anything at all, and it's just not like me. I felt a little flat. I have more energy today ... and I'm heading to the quilt store ... yay!

12 comments:

Melzie said...

Those look very pretty :) Bloglines hasnt shown Hanne as updated for me in a long time maybe I'll drop by there :) xoxo melzie

quiltpixie said...

these blocks really do work well together...

Melanie said...

Love your quilt blocks. From first hand experience...there is NOOOOO living with me if I am hungry. Being a wife,a parent and a working girl--I need food just to be able to 'get along with others'. Weight loss has to be slow and it has to be a lifestyle change or the weight just comes back.Don't give up.. Hanne is a good friend...
Melanie

Darlene said...

Oh, my blue and cream quilt is looking really, really good! LOL

Very pretty!

Hedgehog said...

The blocks look beautiful. Good advice from Hanne. Everyone has a day like that once in a while. Hope you had fun at the quilt shop today!

Hanne said...

Your blocks looks lovely and I can hear you are more upbeat now, taking your vitamins :-)

Fiona said...

Well, I think it's just being mean to the rest of us if you only make those lovely blocks if you've lost weight ;-) I want to see more (and the finished top). So don't worry about the dieting - just make the blocks!

Laurie Ann said...

Those blocks look really neat. Love the color combo too. I am not having problems looking at photos this morning.

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous blocks those are when they are all together. Love your colours - how big is each quarter in the first photo?

Shelina said...

Those are really pretty blocks. I have purchased some darker background fabrics, so I can make a quilt that looks more scrappy like yours. I have those low energy days too. Hopefully you have your energetic mood back!

Mary Johnson said...

These blocks look great - I haven't been a fan of the Sister's choice block but you may be changing my mind with your version.

That was good to allow yourself to make your blocks anyway even without weight loss. How about making the blocks a reward for eating right and exercising each week - you won't lose weight every week even when you're doing the right things.

Judy said...

Don't you love these blocks./ I am working on a quilt from these too but very slowly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails