Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mini Applique

Yesterday I decided I really need to get working on my mini applique quilt. I have six weeks to finish it, so I need to get a move on!

I'm making a total of 9 blocks, and I've completed two so far, and I've appliqued the circle wreath of a further four. I love needle turn applique, so I find it's super fun to do. I don't even mind that they're tiny pieces.

These blocks will finish at four inches square. I cut the squares out at five inches, and when I've completed them, I'll press them and trim them down. There will be some sashing in between the blocks, and an applique border. I'll show you those as they're completed.

This morning was super fun, I noticed that Donna, Linda and Karen had jointly left a comment on my blog, and they were together for a class, so I surprised them with a call! I always love to chatter with Linda, and we talk often, but I hadn't talked to Donna or Karen since I saw them in the US so it was super to catch up with them! I think of them all often, and it's wonderful they're stopping by and visiting my blog! Hi girls, I know you're reading this, and I hope you had fun at your applique class ... I still can't believe it ... hand applique??

14 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Those are lovely and oh, so tiny! You have more patience than me.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Bonnie said...

Those blocks are only 4 inches?!! Wow - you are amazing. Beautiful applique work.

Pam said...

Cute little blocks! 2 down 7 to go...you'll get there, just keep plugging along.

Hedgehog said...

Those little blocks are tiny! They look super.

Fiona said...

I'm in awe, they are so lovely. I particularly like the pink fabric you have chosen - the shading really enhances the shape of the flowers. I'm finding it hard to imagine just how small they are in real life!

quiltpixie said...

Those rose of sharon are very effective so small...

Anonymous said...

The blocks look fantastic. I can't wait to see what else you're going to do with them. Glad you got to catch up with friends.

Melanie said...

Beautiful work... I hate circles. Getting the even-ness is not easy. Sounds like you are having fun.
Melanie

Patti said...

What a wonderful quilt this will be. Needle turn appliqué is such a joy to do - I agree - even when the pieces are tiny.

Darlene said...

Oh, so pretty! I was thinking about this project just the other day and meant to ask you about it. It was a pleasant surprise to open your blog and see it again. I'm anxious to see it completed!

Laura said...

Beautiful little blocks! I look forward to seeing them all pieced together.

Jan Mac said...

I love your applique blocks and look forward to seeing how you're going to put them together.

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous little blocks and oh so small and delicate!

ForestJane said...

Really pretty, but so small!

They'll be VERY nice when all put together, I bet. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails