Thursday, September 07, 2006

A little stash enhancement

Gosh, don't these fabrics and thread look wonderful together?? Nooo ... I'm just messing with you, they're not things I'm putting together in any quilt. I just participated in a little stash enhancement at the quilt store yesterday.

The thread ... which I don't think you can tell is variegated ... is for the Winnie the Pooh quilt. The two fabrics are from the remnants bin at the quilt store, and I felt they needed a good home. The border stripe I will use in a table topper for Grandpa's wife for Xmas ... I'll work on that either this month, or next month. The 'faux' plaid I just liked the colour, and it'll be useful with my Thimbleberries scraps. I didn't find the right navy fabric, so I'll have a look at another local store (it's more like a department store) today. If they don't have the exact one, I'll settle for the closest and pretend the quilt was supposed to be like that.

Also, last night I almost finished making up 10 Sister's Choice blocks. They are from Bonnie's website ... and I'm going to make them up into a table runner for Martin's Aunt for Xmas. I'll be really pleased if I can finish 2 Xmas presents this month, I'll feel like I'm getting a little organised. I don't like the last minute rush. I'll show you the finished blocks tomorrow, along with any stash I find at the LQS today.

8 comments:

quiltpixie said...

the border strip fabric is very pretty. Love the colours in it and the size of the print....

Hedgehog said...

Looks like a successful shopping trip - sorry you didn't find the navy.

Anonymous said...

I like the border fabric. Hope you're having a great day.

Melanie said...

I purchased a spool of varigated thread this weekend. I can't wait to play with it.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great job on working on Christmas presents NOW instead of December!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Darlene said...

YES!!! Those all look great together - good job! NOT!!!! LOL

Susan said...

They do look great together. I see that you were not frivolously buying things to sit on the shelf. =) Sister's Choice is my favorite block. I might have mentioned that somewhere before. =) I want to see some!

Darcie said...

Lovely border fabric!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails