Sunday, October 01, 2006

Goals

I can't believe it's October already, where is this year going? This year is racing by so fast, I feel like I need to hang on tight, or I'm going to be thrown off this ride!

It's time to analyse my September goals ... how did I go?
  • Mark and pin Winnie the Pooh quilt
  • Applique all nine mini blocks and put top together
  • Make two gifts for Xmas
  • Sort one basket of scraps into scrap boxes
  • Quilt 'Sunrise' quilt
Okay, so this month I was a bit of an underachiever. You know, as I was setting the goals, I didn't realise that I'd set the bar quite so high. I'm super pleased that I managed to get as much done as I did. I don't think I'm going to bother with the 'sort scraps' goal again this month, the reason being: I need to work the scraps for a bit, the scrap boxes are getting really full! I almost can't get the lid on the 2.5" strips! I had a good go at the Winnie the Pooh quilt, and I'll aim to finish that one this month.

All in all a good month, and I did get one nagging UFO done! Happy days!
  • Mark and pin Winnie the Pooh quilt
  • Make two gifts for Xmas
  • Quilt and bind miniature quilt
  • Piece repro top for shop
  • Draw up zig-zag quilt
  • Stick to fabric diet
That's it ... I've decided to have a go at Peach's fabric diet again. Maybe this should be a bi-monthly activity for me? Thank you so much Peach for making up the neat graphic, you do amazing things for us!

I will make myself one concession though, I may hear from the magazine about commissioning a quilt, and if that happens, I will have to get a little more of the repro fabric, as I don't think I will have quite enough.

I wanted to show you a picture of the blocks I made yesterday with the repro fabric, I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Hubby has run off with the memory stick from the camera, and my phone is flat ... I'm all out of picture options!

Anyways, happy October 1st everyone, it's going to be a great month!

8 comments:

Hedgehog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hedgehog said...

These look like great goals, Tazzie! Good luck with them - especially with Pooh! Can't wait to see what you're doing with those repros. Happy October! :) (Up way too early - didn't proofread that comment - had to fix it. I am an English teacher, after all. ;) )

Quilts And Pieces said...

I think you still did good for Sept. And a new list for Oct! Lately I just can't even think about making lists. I'm just doing what I feel like! Course into Oct I'm going to be panicking over xmas presents that need to get done! :)

quiltpixie said...

You did well on your september goals given how very ambitious thye were. And so brave going on the fabric diet again... Hope October goes as well for you.

Hanne said...

Happy Oct. 1st to you too :-)
I revised my September goals the other day but still did not make it - oh well - I made the goals, I can revise them ;-) Life happens.
I can not join the fabric diet, as I won some lovely CW repros on eBay at 3 am and added a 1/2 yard too, to fill the envelope and shop to the costum limit. I have a quilt in mind, but it is not started yet, so I can not say it is to complete a quilt, like the diet says - unless it is in my head.
I am looking forward to see what you do this month. Your list looks good

Unknown said...

Even if you don't meet all the goals, you're moving forward and making progress. Goals can be adjusted--it's your prerogative.

Shelina said...

Happy October to you. Time does seem to go faster and faster doesn't it? It means it is more thrilling.
I think you've done a great job on your September goals. Good luck on your October goals. I don't think it is about being a underachiever - it is about setting more realistic goals. You're right, Peach does a great job with the buttons for us.

ForestJane said...

Ohhhh, you're so brave doing a diet in October, when there's sure to be gifts you'll want to be making!

Congrats on your goals, though. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails