Friday, October 06, 2006

Tidied ... and thank you!

My friend Jane came over yesterday with her twins for lunch. I had resolved after yesterday's 10am post that I would tidy up the 'hotspot'. Here is the end result. It looks so much neater, and I've been able to move the laptop from the kitchen table. It will be so much easier to live with, cuz I won't have to tidy the computer away every time we prepare to eat. Let's see how long I can keep this neat!?!

The reality is that Jane and the girls probably wouldn't have cared in the least about the cluttered area, but it was bothering me. Screen Door had an interesting point yesterday ... It's Life! I think sometimes we set expectations of ourselves really high, and forget about all the other good things we achieve in a day. It's great to know that I'm not the only one who's not a member of the 'Sisterhood of Spotless Surfaces'. Maybe the majority aren't members?? Thank you so much for your positive (and fun) messages!

Today I'm heading into the city to one of my favourite furniture stores - Early Settler - I'm going to pick up a couple of bar stools for by the counter, much easier for long sessions of blogging and blog-hopping! I'm also going to stop by the quilt store ... I ran short of background fabric for the quilt top I'm working on ... by 6 inches! It's a legal purchase, I can't finish the top without it! I promise I won't get distracted by anything shiny!

I'll be offline for a couple of days, we're heading to the beach house for a few days, and there is no net connection there. It will be superfun to spend q-time with the family, and I'm sure to have some beachy things to share when I get back. Be good everyone! x o x

11 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Have a great beachy weekend!!

MARCIE said...

Tazzie, my daughter is into Fly Lady also, and last weekend it really paid off. Her 15 yr old daughter was home alone and a friend came over to get ready for the Homecoming dance. More friends showed up and parents! DD called her mom to say the master bathroom was full of kids taking pictures and several parents were sitting on her bed. I was horrified! But her Fly Lady routine saved her! Can you believe it?

Jenni said...

Very tidy. I like to read the flylady too. I am slowly adopting some of the habits.

quiltpixie said...

enjoy the beach! but no shells ot clutter your table when you come back :-)

Hanne said...

Have a good weekend at the beach :-)

Clare said...

Have a great weekend :)

Laurie Ann said...

What a difference! Looks great! Now you won't get stressed out when you look over there.

Carol E. said...

The cleaned up corner looks great, but it didn't really surprise me when it was a hot spot. Mine are conflagrations. I prefer to sew and spread my quilty love around the world rather than waste time having a perfect house. I'm happier this way.

Juliann in WA said...

I've got one of those corners that gets very messy too - today it is in good shape but when it starts to fill up, there is not stopping the clutter
hope your time away is relaxing
Juliann

Eileen said...

Right now, my whole house looks like your counter :( I just don't have the energy to do anything about it.
I'm kind of lost-what holidays are you talking about in your posts? Whatever they are, enjoy them and don't worry about the WW points. They'll be there when you're ready again.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Hope your having fun! And I for sure am not a member of the Sisterhood of Spotless Surfaces!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails