Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bits and pieces ...

Yesterday for a fun treat, Amy and I went to the movies. We saw 'The Devil wears Prada'. Gosh it was a good movie, I really enjoyed it, and so did Amy. We were talking about it in the car on the way home, and Amy was suprised to learn that it is a book, and it's considered to be somewhat of an autobiography. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a boss like that ... doesn't bear thinking about! I knew we'd love the movie, I remember when I talked about seeing The Lake House, a lot of you mentioned this movie and how good it was ... thank you! Feel free to leave suggestions for our next outing! *ggls*

Hello to Sheila in Ohio ... she wondered if the blocks I made had come from a book or a magazine. Well, I drew the blocks up myself, but that doesn't mean that they've never been published before, it's possible, and I just haven't seen them. There are two blocks, one has slightly different colour placement than the other.

I made a couple more blocks last night, but other than that, not much interesting happening here ... off to the grocery store today ...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Glad you and Amy had fun... Grocery shopping, a necessary evil---just live for the magazines section--they have quilt magazines in there to get you through!!!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I saw that movie this summer and really enjoyed it also. I liked it even better than the Lake House! I bought the book to read, but haven't started it yet. Glad you had fun!

Darlene said...

AH, The Devil Wears Prada - funny movie and yet sad to think that someone has to behave like that - LOL My DD and I went to see early summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails